Miami Dolphins 2013 Most Outstanding Defensive Player | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins 2013 Most Outstanding Defensive Player

Defensive MVP

• Total voters

Daytona Fin

Queeks Draw
Club Member
Reaction score
The Finsiders and writers are selecting the Dolphins defensive MVP for 2013 tonight. The writers all selected Brent grimes and I agree. There also a poll on the Finsiders page, maybe we can show our support for Grimes and get Hickey's butt in gear to get a deal done. :lol:

Without further ado, we begin with nominees with Most Outstanding Defensive Player of 2013:

Brent Grimes….Grimes made an immediate impact in his first season with the Dolphins, recording four interceptions and 16 passes defended while not allowing a single touchdown pass all year.

Olivier Vernon….Vernon had a breakout year in 2013, leading the team with 11 and a half sacks and constantly causing havoc for opposing offenses with his relentless pursuit of the ball.

Cameron Wake….Wake overcame injury to record eight and a half sacks in 2013, including a memorable game-winning safety against the Bengals on Halloween night.

Writer Selections-

Andy Cohen: No player had a bigger impact on this defense than Brent Grimes. He was the shut down corner the Dolphins desperately needed and his consistency proved invaluable.

Andy Kent: Brent Grimes was the epitome of a lockdown cornerback, not allowing an opposing receiver to catch a touchdown pass all season long.

Alain Poupart: Brent Grimes was outstanding in coverage throughout the season and tied for the team lead with four interceptions.

Raul Striker: Brent Grimes did not allow a touchdown to an opposing receiver all year long, tied for the team lead with 4 interceptions, including an exciting 94 pick-six and was an outstanding tackler on the outside. He was consistent from week to week and forced opposing quarterbacks to focus on only one side of the field, at times, arguably making life easier for the entire defense.

Finsiders Analyst Selections-

On Tuesday evening on The Finsiders live show on FOX Sports Florida TV, 940 WINZ-AM & Dolphins.com, the crew of Troy Stradford, John Congemi, Troy Drayton and Tristin Jones provided their selections on the award.

http://www.thefinsiders.com/blog/2014/finsiders-awards-most-outstanding-defensive-player

Little big man Grimes with a nod to OV as most improved player on the D

wake got hurt and was not the same when he came back at any point...he's proving to be a slow recovery guy in some ways imo...vernon no showed too many games...got to be grimes

not that anyone was out of this world good though...

Grimes. No debate

Shout out to odrick who was great in his first year as a dt... long term above average starter imo

damn...grimes didn't give up a td all year...is that accurate???

Wheeler….oh damn I thought you meant the opponents offensive player of the year…

Grimes….

Wake had HUGE sacks and pressures in big moments. To say he had a slow recovery is silly. The guy had an MCL sprain for crying out loud.

I do not think they beat the Bengals or Chargers without him.

mcl sprains that take 8 weeks for you to show any prior form is slow recovery in my book...but i dont know the full extent of it...still he never looked the same when he came back despite that cinci game impact he had...

anyways when he gets nicked up he takes a long time to recover...not what i would call a fast healer...never showed the same level burst and explosion and bend after the injury

Grimes. Wake was great even though tbe injury did slow himdown. Vernon was good but did benefit from all the attention teams paid towards wake

Back
Top Bottom