Miami Dolphins 2017 NFL Draft Potential Trade Partners, Situations | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins 2017 NFL Draft Potential Trade Partners, Situations

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
Potential trade partners for the Dolphins at 22nd overall:

Houston Texans (currently picking 25th overall)
This may be the most likely scenario, as the Texans current QB situation is a mess. With no clear starter between Tom Savage and Brandon Weeden, there is little to no doubt the team will be looking at drafting a QB. The question becomes when? If only one of the top 3 rookie QB remains come 22nd overall, we could see the Texans come beckoning.

Kansas City Chiefs (currently picking 27th overall)
This could very well become a strong option depending on what the Chiefs decide to do with Alex Smith. Smith, currently 32, still has a few good years left in him, and will be the starter as long as he is healthy and Andy Reid is the coach. However, if a guy like Mahomes or Watson is still on the board when the Dolphins pick at 22nd overall, the Chiefs may decide to snag their signal caller of the future.

Pittsburgh Steelers
and New Orleans Saints (currently 30th and 32nd overall)

Judging off of the Steelers draft strategy (they almost always go BPA), this option is more of a stretch. However, with Ben Roethlisberger debating retirement this off-season (he will be back in 2017), the time to consider his replacement is rapidly approaching. As for the Saints, I think Drew Breesstill has more than one good year left, but Sean Payton could pull the trigger on a young signal caller this year to learn behind Brees for a few seasons. Both of these teams could be potential trade partners for the Dolphins, especially if they want to jump the Texans and Chiefs to nab the 22nd overall pick.
www.scout.com/nfl/dolphins/story/1771897-dolphins-potential-trade-partners-situations

Miami could be sitting in a pretty nice spot for a trade up. I think SF is the team to watch, but there could be others. I think Cleveland goes quarterback at #12.

Miami could be sitting in a pretty nice spot for a trade up. I think SF is the team to watch, but there could be others. I think Cleveland goes quarterback at #12.

This is a draft I believe we want to move down, grab atleast one extra pick in the first 3 rounds.

I've been going back and forth between trade back and selecting someone at 22. I have to think at least one of the players we like will be there so I think we pull the trigger on it and take the bird in hand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm in favor of trading down if possible and acquiring an extra pick or 2 for more ammo in this deep defensive draft.

Count me in for people desperately wanting extra picks. It's easy to say that and most fans always seem to echo those same sentiments but we are in a unique position this year.

Our needs line up nicely with some of the draft's deepest positions and mostly non-essential positions with the exception of DE (which are historically hard to find in the 20's). Guards, LB's and FS's aren't.

Also in our favor is Houston and KC being good teams behind us who need to find their next QB. Alex Smith has peaked and Houston....well it's obvious. Pittsburgh and New Orleans are also clinging to the end of their respective era's with Brees and Roethlisberger.

I am not asking for the world but if we can net a late 2nd round pick or a 3rd and 4th we'd be in a great spot that would allow us to take a chance on a Tim Williams type player at the end of the 3rd round. Just an example I am using for a talented player likely to go much later than expected (But not because of violence, I don't want anyone associated with domestic violence or sexual assault).

Miami does need to eventually take a chance on a guy but with our current allotment of choices at 22, 54 and 97 that would be hard to do.

Unless a high gem falls, I would also be in favor of trading back in the 1st and picking up a 2nd or 3rd rounder.

The opportunities might be there, but I have a feeling this is going to be a buyers' market for trade ups. A lot of teams are going to want to trade down since it's a deep draft.

It feels like there will be at least one QB that slides to 22. Texans would really make sense. They can't go into the season with Savage as the starter and no QB to develop.

It feels like there will be at least one QB that slides to 22. Texans would really make sense. They can't go into the season with Savage as the starter and no QB to develop.

True, but keep in mind they can always call the Giants as well since they also don't need a QB. (Feels good to know the Dolphins don't need a QB btw) Hopefully, the Dolphins sell a good enough bluff and make the Texans believe other teams are inquiring about trading up. The Chiefs are a great example. They definitely need a QB as well.

Back
Top Bottom