Miami Dolphins 2017 Preview via Yahoo Sports | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins 2017 Preview via Yahoo Sports

DuderinoN703

We? What the **** we?
Club Member
Reaction score
The last time we saw the Dolphins, they were getting blasted in a wholly uncompetitive playoff loss at the Steelers. But, making the playoffs at all after that horrific start was a great accomplishment. Now what do we expect from the Dolphins this season?

The problem (if you’d call it that) with Adam Gase conducting such a remarkable 2016 turnaround is that he set a high bar in year one. Miami could have some normal regression with fewer wins in close games and a harder schedule, but it’ll be viewed as a disappointment if they don’t make the playoffs again. And considering how unlikely it is for the Dolphins to knock off the Patriots (sorry, Jarvis), they’re probably stuck wading in the wild-card waters and the competition for those two spots in the AFC will be fierce. I can’t pick them for another postseason berth.

https://sports.yahoo.com/2017-nfl-p...believable-dolphins-turnaround-151514606.html

I'd be interested to see if a rookie head coach has ever had such a successful year 1 and gone onto a successful career. we can rule out Belichek I think lol I answered my own question

John Harbaugh started off 11-5 in year 1 and later won a SB, currently sits at 85-59 career

Last edited:
I'd be interested to see if a rookie head coach has ever had such a successful year 1 and gone onto a successful career. we can rule out Belichek I think lol I answered my own question

John Harbaugh started off 11-5 in year 1 and later won a SB, currently sits at 85-59 career

Sean Payton, Mike Tomlin, Mike McCarthy. Looks like four letter names are indicative of success...thankfully we have Adam :D

The Dolphins played the Steelers in the playoffs without their starting QB and missing 5 starters on defense.
That team at the end of the year was a shell of the team that was playing well at mid season.
New season for everyone.

Back
Top Bottom