Miami Dolphins 2019 Starting Quarterback Is Already On The Roster | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins 2019 Starting Quarterback Is Already On The Roster

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
83dcf5b59d79f72292cbd23f1423be29-original.jpg

David Fales or Luke Falk. Miami under Adam Gase signed Falk after he was released last year so Adam Gase saw something in him. Why not let the kid play and see what he has. The Dolphins also kept David Fales around as well despite having Tannehill and Brock Osweiler.
https://phinphanatic.com/2019/01/16/miami-dolphins-2019-starting-quarterback-already-roster/

I would love to see what falk has to offer I liked him as a late round pick last year. Saw potential not the best arm but looked pretty accurate. Also seemed to progress his reads well.

We can only hope so.

Whoever starts needs to be under 25 IMO

Team needs to just take a year to “get right” . . . From a cap, draft and philosophy aspect. Stop half measuring your roster to have that .500 ceiling.

We haven't seen enough of Falk or Fales to even guess if they have potential as a starting NFL QB, so if we were to roll with either of them as our starter we would at least need to have a back up plan in case things get too ugly. Even if Falk and/or Fales have a great offseason, we still need to have a QB on the roster who we know can at least keep us competitive.

If Murray is not an option, I agree that the team should go this route and take its medicine. I'd prefer to just grab a stud QB this year (in Murray), but there's a real chance he isn't there at 13 or in range for a reasonable trade-up.

At 13, we can pretty much forget Murray, Haskins, or Lock. Giants, Jags, maybe even Cardinals, Raiders, Tampa all need QBs. The best option for 2019 for us is actually Osweiler lol. Now if you really want to tank, then sure go for Falk or Fales. But then it will be obvious to fans and teams that we are tanking.

If Murray is not an option, I agree that the team should go this route and take its medicine. I'd prefer to just grab a stud QB this year (in Murray), but there's a real chance he isn't there at 13 or in range for a reasonable trade-up.

Yup.

I agree. Lets the two young kids compete in pre season. At worst we might have a god back up for the future. At best we might be able to trade one of them for something. It's happened before with other teams so it could happen with us too.

What about Fitzpatrick?

Personally, I would like to go into camp with 5 QB's. Make it a true competition.

Fales
Falk
Rudock
Mid Round Pick
Low level FA.

whoever is the best and the team rallies behind starts. 2 get cut, 1 inactive on Gameday.

All of this changes if we are in play for Kyler though

Back
Top Bottom