Miami Dolphins 2020 training camp preview: Defensive line | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins 2020 training camp preview: Defensive line

I am looking forward to Wilkins in year 2. I think he plays like the player they thought they were getting when they drafted him as high as they did.

The 2 FA ends should help the pass rush, as will Van Noy.

The other rookies,(Davis, Stowbridge, Weaver and Jones)all have a chance to contribute.

Has a team ever turned over their LOS on both sides of the ball as much as Miami did this off season?

I am looking forward to Wilkins in year 2. I think he plays like the player they thought they were getting when they drafted him as high as they did.

The 2 FA ends should help the pass rush, as will Van Noy.

The other rookies,(Davis, Stowbridge, Weaver and Jones)all have a chance to contribute.

Has a team ever turned over their LOS on both sides of the ball as much as Miami did this off season?

Wilkins is a versatile player, but we did not utilize him in a way that emphasized his strengths last season. He had the most success at Clemson lined up inside next to Dexter Lawrence. Hopefully adding guys like Raekwon Davis will take some of the double teams off Wilkins and he will be able to do his thing. I expect to see him have a much more consistent and productive sophomore season.

Sometimes guys that are frequently double teamed are under appreciated via stats. If two guys are on them it opens opportunities for somebody else.

I find it hard to believe Flo didn't have a laser focused vision
in mind with Davis and Wilkins -- then add the balance of talent
we have on the D LOS -- and BNF is pretty damn excited about
the potential!

I think a monumental transformation is not only possible but
a pretty decent likelihood!

Until unproven otherwise -- I think Flo + Grier together = MONSTER!

And I expect that monster to be quite obvious on D.

I find it hard to believe Flo didn't have a laser focused vision
in mind with Davis and Wilkins -- then add the balance of talent
we have on the D LOS -- and BNF is pretty damn excited about
the potential!

I think a monumental transformation is not only possible but
a pretty decent likelihood!

Until unproven otherwise -- I think Flo + Grier together = MONSTER!

And I expect that monster to be quite obvious on D.
Sure would have been nice to have the normal rookie camp, mini camp, OTAs, etc.

Missing those will hurt us more than most other teams.

Sure would have been nice to have the normal rookie camp, mini camp, OTAs, etc.

Missing those will hurt us more than most other teams.
I agree. Teams that have new coaches, rookies and sophomores, new systems, etc, are at a disadvantage. Unfortunately that describes us.

The 2 players I'm looking forward to seeing are Ledbetter and Siegler. Ledbetter was released and eventually re-signed to the NFI list. When he was healthy Miami's staff thought well enough of him to start him week one of 2019. I'm curious to see if he's healthy and improved. Siegler lite the Bengals game on fire with his tremendous play in that game. I'm curious to see if he's improved to the point of becoming a regular rotational player? Both these kids have potential to be in the rotation. But health and improvement are the 2 biggest questions needed to be answered. I'm hopeful but not expecting. I kind of like rooting for the underdog backup player types.

Back
Top Bottom