Miami Dolphins 2020 training camp preview: Outside linebackers | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins 2020 training camp preview: Outside linebackers

Finfan83nj

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score

There’s a few guys out of this bunch I’m rooting for. Van Ginkel, and Biegel showed flashes last year. Hoping with an improved D line they can shine more.

I think we could see Weaver used as a stand up edge rusher, but I am not sure he will ever actually play LB.

I think Van Ginkel is a real sleeper to step forward, he played pretty well when he got his shot late last year.

Van Noy has to be the kind of player he was in NE, to justify the $$$$ and to make the defense work.

This is a big season for Jerome Baker.He is coming up on a new contract and really needs to step up if he wants to get paid by Miami or someone else.I am not sure he is suited to what Flores wants so this might be it for him.He could have enough value to bring something back in trade from a team who values his athleticism.

Miami might be able to grab a stud LB like Micah Parsons next Draft which would bring a proper play maker to the LB Corps.

I think we could see Weaver used as a stand up edge rusher, but I am not sure he will ever actually play LB.

I think Van Ginkel is a real sleeper to step forward, he played pretty well when he got his shot late last year.

Van Noy has to be the kind of player he was in NE, to justify the $$$$ and to make the defense work.

This is a big season for Jerome Baker.He is coming up on a new contract and really needs to step up if he wants to get paid by Miami or someone else.I am not sure he is suited to what Flores wants so this might be it for him.He could have enough value to bring something back in trade from a team who values his athleticism.

Miami might be able to grab a stud LB like Micah Parsons next Draft which would bring a proper play maker to the LB Corps.

I think Van Noy is a great mentor to guys like Weaver and AVG. invaluable to have the been there done that full comprehension of the system to teach the younger guys so the learning curve is smaller.

Weaver was one of my favorite players in this draft and was very happy that we drafted him. He could be the key to a very good defense. It won't be easy for him this year with no OTA'a or mini camps but I'm looking forward to what he can do, not only this year but in the future as well.

Weaver was one of my favorite players in this draft and was very happy that we drafted him. He could be the key to a very good defense. It won't be easy for him this year with no OTA'a or mini camps but I'm looking forward to what he can do, not only this year but in the future as well.

Honestly -- worst case scenario (COVID no TC etc) for a team with like 70% roster turnover
comprised of 85% rookies and 1st year + 2nd years players! But let's be real -- it's not like
we've been spoiled by the pro football gods! We're Dolphins fans and by-god we're used to
munching on a shitburger!

:lol:

That said -- my sources tell me the "scenario" will still benefit this team in the coming years!

It's like once you get that train on the right track that baby just keeps on ROLLING!

:woot:

I think Van Noy is a great mentor to guys like Weaver and AVG. invaluable to have the been there done that full comprehension of the system to teach the younger guys so the learning curve is smaller.

I have no doubt that is part of what attracted Miami to him.

He will be a coach on the field for sure.

Back
Top Bottom