Miami Dolphins 90-in-90 Roster Breakdown 2019: Jerome Baker | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins 90-in-90 Roster Breakdown 2019: Jerome Baker

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
usa_today_11917910.0.jpg

As we continue our look at the Dolphins roster, today we look at the defensive side of the ball with linebacker, Jerome Baker. The second year player is coming off a good rookie season and expectations should be high as he improves in his second year with a head coach that believes in him.

https://www.thephinsider.com/2019/6...s-90-in-90-roster-breakdown-2019-jerome-baker

Baker is one of my favorite players. I look for him to take a big step forward in year two.

I know opinions vary, as to whether he "fits" in the Flores scheme, but I think he will be fine. He is fast, versatile, and plays hard for four quarters.

As the article pointed out, he did have some coverage issues, but that horrid scheme, and lack of real coaching probably had something to do with that.

Based on Flores time with Belichick you would assume he prefers bigger LB's but we do not know how much Flores defense will resemble the BB/Parcells model.

Baker certainly has the speed to run with backs and TE's and should have some value as a blitzer as well.

If he can be anywhere as good as my weak side linebacker I drafted in my Madden franchise, we've got something. He's #55 too. Undersized but fast! :lol:

The good thing about Flores and the NE style of doing things is that they have an uncanny ability of determining what it is this guy does best and then crafting plays around those skills. Baker has shown some ability to get to the QB, some ability to cover and he has great instincts and speed. I believe McMillan and Baker will both have big seasons coming forward.

Back
Top Bottom