Miami Dolphins At .500 As Usual With Faint Playoff Hopes | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins At .500 As Usual With Faint Playoff Hopes

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
GettyImages-1052690698.jpg

Getty Images
MIAMI, FL - OCTOBER 21: Quarterback Brock Osweiler #8 of the Miami Dolphins warms up before the game against the Detroit Lions at Hard Rock Stadium on October 21, 2018 in Miami, Florida. (Photo by Mark Brown/Getty Images)

What to Know

• Their record since 1994: 197-197. Their record this year: 5-5. Coach Adam Gase's three-year record: 21-21.
The Miami Dolphins arrived at their bye week a .500 team, which is no surprise because for the past quarter century they've been a .500 franchise.
Their record since 1994: 197-197. Their record this year: 5-5. Coach Adam Gase's three-year record: 21-21.
If there's a middle of the pack, the Dolphins are in the middle of it. They haven't won a playoff game since 2000, but they could well be headed for their third 8-8 finish in the past six years.

https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local...Usual-With-Faint-Playoff-Hopes-500612971.html

I think we needed to be 6-4 at this point to truly have a shot a playoff spot. I think it's gonna take 10 wins to get there, and I don't see 5 out of six at this point, no matter who's playing QB.
MAYBE 4, but that's a long stretch, and would only get us to 9-7, where we would most likely lose out on a tie-breaker.

GettyImages-1052690698.jpg

Getty Images
MIAMI, FL - OCTOBER 21: Quarterback Brock Osweiler #8 of the Miami Dolphins warms up before the game against the Detroit Lions at Hard Rock Stadium on October 21, 2018 in Miami, Florida. (Photo by Mark Brown/Getty Images)

What to Know

• Their record since 1994: 197-197. Their record this year: 5-5. Coach Adam Gase's three-year record: 21-21.
The Miami Dolphins arrived at their bye week a .500 team, which is no surprise because for the past quarter century they've been a .500 franchise.
Their record since 1994: 197-197. Their record this year: 5-5. Coach Adam Gase's three-year record: 21-21.
If there's a middle of the pack, the Dolphins are in the middle of it. They haven't won a playoff game since 2000, but they could well be headed for their third 8-8 finish in the past six years.

https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local...Usual-With-Faint-Playoff-Hopes-500612971.html

The good news is, in spite of all the injuries, Miami is still alive . . . mathematically. More than a lot of teams can say and disproving those who want to claim Miami is a 'bad' team. The bad news is, I don't think there's a realistic chance the the DL looks inept most of the time.

The good news is, in spite of all the injuries, Miami is still alive . . . mathematically. More than a lot of teams can say and disproving those who want to claim Miami is a 'bad' team. The bad news is, I don't think there's a realistic chance the the DL looks inept most of the time.
Yep......that rush defense is definitely a soft spot for this team, especially when we don't have an offense that can score.
Very little cohesion between DL & LBs here lately. Someone is always missing a gap.

They are neither hot nor cold, they are lukewarm and we should spit them out.

So in future preseason prediction threads...Why would you EVER have them above .500 on the season?
I said 8 -8 in a thread months ago and guess where they are headed. They are who we thought they are and they will be until they are not. I still say this is as much of a "NFL" problem as it is a Miami problem. The league is broke when teams get mired in the same sorry state or stay in Championship mode (NE) for decades.

That's what happens when fans/front office say we can't trade the farm for a franchise qb, we have other needs to fill. Keep plugging the holes in the titantic instead of getting on another ship.

Middle of the pack is our middle name and that's where we're going to end up this year once again
Never good enough but never bad enough either

That is actually pretty impressive. It is not easy to be that mediocre

Just as we get oh so close to making the playoffs being a yearly thing, we can also look back at the season and say, "How did we lose to so and so" "If we could have only beat so and so"
Win the winnable games. But we can't.

Middle of the pack is our middle name and that's where we're going to end up this year once again
Never good enough but never bad enough either
Sorry Danny, but we have been bad enough.

Well, a change of quarterback will likely reenergize the fan base, but the team has a long way to go. Gase is firmly on the hot seat next season.

Back
Top Bottom