Miami Dolphins' Cameron Wake proves worth on defense | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins' Cameron Wake proves worth on defense

FinAtic8480

Active Roster
Reaction score
Dolphins linebacker Cameron Wake took a deep breath and gave some fair pondering to the question that had been asked of him since he came from the CFL's most northwest franchise to the NFL's most southeast:
How good are you against the run?
``Hopefully, I'm getting better,'' Wake said. ``I like to think I'm an all-around linebacker, as much as I can be. I have the skill set I was given and I try to work hard to improve those things.''
Wake could point out that the holding penalty he has drawn in the first two games came as he set the edge on a running play. Or, that he has two tackles for loss to go with his 2.5 sacks.
``People talk about pass rushing, pass rushing,'' Wake said. ``Up until recently, I wasn't really asked to do much more. `Can you do this, can you do that? I don't know, let's see.' Nobody really asked me to do it up until now.
``Every time I get on the field, be better at what that situation is -- special teams, pass coverage. You want to be an all-around [player]. Being asked to do that is a challenge and I love it and I'm accepting it.''

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/09/22/1835977/wake-proves-worth-on-defense.html#ixzz10EMwr4Em

this guy keeps moving up notches in my book every time he does an interview

Back
Top Bottom