Miami Dolphins cap management: How Chris Grier could clear space: | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins cap management: How Chris Grier could clear space:

But really what unit can you really doesn’t need any additions? WR probably the closest and even there miami could use a legit #3 because there’s nothing after Waddle and Hill. running backs? Maybe

Need another CB
Need LBs
Need O-line (like every other year)
Need DE now with Chubb and Philips injuries
I don’t disagree. I think that was my original point - we have needs everywhere. Some are less significant than others. Do we NEED to draft a corner? I expect Cam Smith to show up, so while it would be nice to add another, it may not be a high priority. Etc etc.

It's a valid question. I watched the Detroit game and Goff had all day to find the open receiver. If Tua had close to that, I do think he could be the guy. Absolutely.

Like Goff, he's not going to make too many off schedule plays. That's just not in Tua's skillset, although we've seen some of that in the past.
Lions' roster is LOADED. Up and down, everywhere except maybe the secondary. It's been building well for a while, only coming together late last year. Oline is 3 of their own 1st rd picks, and 2 of their own 3rd rd picks. Multiple Pro-bowlers. And guys that have mostly stayed healthy (although maybe not for the upcoming game). So many young weapons. Their FO has done things right. (Well, recently, been terrible historically 😂)

So your telling me Grier drafted a college back up LB in the 3rd round 😂 not surprised
I find it funny someone commented about Goff having all day to throw in this thread. I think the Lions drafted their entire offensive line. Ragnow and Sewell are the best players in the league at their positions. 😂 Amon Ra St. Brown was drafted in the 2021 4th round, while Grier coughed up an additional 1st to acquire Waddle in that draft. Grier also coughed up a 3rd round pick to move up to acquire Eichenberg in that draft. 😂 The Lions are 60 mil under the cap, while the Dolphins are 50 mil over. 🤦‍♂️ Grier is one of the best GM’s in the league, hands down!! 😂

I find it funny someone commented about Goff having all day to throw in this thread. I think the Lions drafted their entire offensive line. Ragnow and Sewell are the best players in the league at their positions. 😂 Amon Ra St. Brown was drafted in the 2021 4th round, while Grier coughed up an additional 1st to acquire Waddle in that draft. Grier also coughed up a 3rd round pick to move up to acquire Eichenberg in that draft. 😂 The Lions are 60 mil under the cap, while the Dolphins are 50 mil over. 🤦‍♂️ Grier is one of the best GM’s in the league, hands down!! 😂
yet there are still ppl who defend him. Grier stripped the team to its bones in 2019 leaving him with a no limit credit card to spend in 2020. Then he turned around and accumulated like 5 extra first round picks after the tounsil trade and a little bit of luck getting Houston’s 3rd overall pick. How do you F that up

Lions' roster is LOADED. Up and down, everywhere except maybe the secondary. It's been building well for a while, only coming together late last year. Oline is 3 of their own 1st rd picks, and 2 of their own 3rd rd picks. Multiple Pro-bowlers. And guys that have mostly stayed healthy (although maybe not for the upcoming game). So many young weapons. Their FO has done things right. (Well, recently, been terrible historically 😂)
Goff definitely had time to go to his third read when he had to. Love the Detroit offense. I think the defense is okay.

The most important and unfortunate part of the offseason is allowing Wilkins and Hunt to test free agency. Release Jeff Wilson Jr. and Ogbah. At that point, make any other moves required to get under the cap.
Those moves are going to be made to get under the cap but then you need more cap to sign everyone we would like to keep.

It’s not possible even if you back load the contracts, we’re just unfortunately going to lose guys we would like to keep.

Why would it be an abomination? X is going to be released. Apple and Kohou suck and we have no idea what Cam Smith is. Aside from Ramsey and Holland the rest of our secondary is a joke.
Smith was a high pick. They don’t need to do CB with another high pick especially when Smith has the opportunity to be the guy opposite Ramsey.

Back
Top Bottom