Miami Dolphins cap management: How Chris Grier could clear space: | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins cap management: How Chris Grier could clear space:

Also have no idea where anyone mentioned the two being roommates. Also, not true. They were on the same team. Younger Grier is a DB.

As far as young talent, I've mentioned this quite a few times, that because of Ross' bungling of the tampering and some trades for high level talent we haven't had a lot of picks recently. 8/14 or more in the past two years, only one of those (Smith) in the top 2 rounds.

Not sure how having such few picks means he sucks at drafting. Just so much bullshit*t gets posted here then thrown around as fact.
Both Cam Smith and Channing Tindall have been terrible draft picks so far. You can't waste picks in the 2nd and 3rd on guys that can't get on the field.

Here is a recap for you to read on Cam Smith the prospect

He was clearly a highly rated prospect, I think the bigger question is what went wrong that he can't get himself onto the field
I agree on that. This team can't afford to have their 2nd round picks riding the pine.

Both Cam Smith and Channing Tindall have been terrible draft picks so far. You can't waste picks in the 2nd and 3rd on guys that can't get on the field.
Smith could absolutely be on the field. Fangio won't let him. :shrug: But this conversation is just moving goal posts to the point of guessing now.

Hunter Long was a 3rd rounder too

Smith could absolutely be on the field. Fangio won't let him. :shrug: But this conversation is just moving goal posts to the point of guessing now.
No it’s not. If he could play he should have been on the field regardless of Fangio. Are you going to stick up for Tindall too?

No it’s not. If he could play he should have been on the field regardless of Fangio. Are you going to stick up for Tindall too?
Same thing. Tindall was in two games this year in trash time and played fine. I don't have a lot of faith in Fangio. I think hes a stubborn old curmudgeon who holds grudges on young players who don't do what he says when he says it. But like I said, it's guessing.

And Fangio is literally the gatekeeper of them both being on the field, whom do you think makes that call? 🤨

Same thing. Tindall was in two games this year in trash time and played fine. I don't have a lot of faith in Fangio. I think hes a stubborn old curmudgeon who holds grudges on young players who don't do what he says when he says it. But like I said, it's guessing.

And Fangio is literally the gatekeeper of them both being on the field, whom do you think makes that call? 🤨
Maybe but if these guys were really good players they would be on the field. Some other teams have their draft picks from the first three rounds make an impact from day 1.

I recall the Cam Smith selection being a Fangio one as his system relies on multiple CBs.

Given the way this staff treated Cam Smith, I’m not looking to draft a corner in Round 1. We need an immediate contributor. If there is a good pass rush option at 21, that’s where I’m going. Particularly if we don’t re-sign AVG. Realistically, though, there are holes at every level of this roster, so BPA is the way to go.

I am simply not willing to buy the idea that Cam Smith can’t play. I think he ends up with a large role in 2024.
Why does it seem like this is the case for miami every season?

For one year? That doesn't seem like a very good reason to me.

I guess you are in the "all in for one more year" camp, regardless of future consequences?

I mean if you told me you thought Tua was "the guy", and that was the biggest advantage, even though I would disagree, I would at least understand the position.
It's a valid question. I watched the Detroit game and Goff had all day to find the open receiver. If Tua had close to that, I do think he could be the guy. Absolutely.

Like Goff, he's not going to make too many off schedule plays. That's just not in Tua's skillset, although we've seen some of that in the past.

It's a valid question. I watched the Detroit game and Goff had all day to find the open receiver. If Tua had close to that, I do think he could be the guy. Absolutely.

Like Goff, he's not going to make too many off schedule plays. That's just not in Tua's skillset, although we've seen some of that in the past.
I have also made a similar statement before about what Tua might be able to do with ample time.

Ppl like to point to Tua getting rid of the ball as an asset, which it is, but when it's situation where he has to do it all the time I'm not sure it is really all that effective v good defenses.

He has to throw the ball so early that not only does it give defenders a opportunity to jump obvious routes, it precludes any route combos to develop. There's no time.

That also somewhat explains why Tyreek is, by far, his first option. DBs have to give him a lot of room or he will just run by them. Defenders on other receivers can press, knowing they often only have to be close for 2 seconds.

I know that got a bit of track from the discussion.....lol.

First thing’s first, gotta get rid of the dead weight first. Raekwon Davis, Ogbah, Armstead, Bailey & Howard all gotta go.

Back
Top Bottom