Miami Dolphins cap management: How Chris Grier could clear space: | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins cap management: How Chris Grier could clear space:

if they can trade down and get say a 2/3 or a 2/4 that might be worth considering cus we need more mid round picks to try and find some quality trench players to come in and play for cheap.

"The poor contract decisions that Chris Grier has made over the years have become a problem and now he will have to pay for it with an off-season that will once again feature many 1-year contracts and the loss of top contributing players."

We need a new GM and have for a while.

I think the big advantage to signing Tua long-term is the ability to free up salary cap space.

Hopefully, Wilkins, Van Ginkel and Hunt return.
For one year? That doesn't seem like a very good reason to me.

I guess you are in the "all in for one more year" camp, regardless of future consequences?

I mean if you told me you thought Tua was "the guy", and that was the biggest advantage, even though I would disagree, I would at least understand the position.

We don’t necessarily have a major salary cap issue, the issue is we haven’t been able to stockpile young draft picks to replace our expensive players. We have to find a way to accumulate more draft picks which means likely moving out of rd1.

Of course then the problem is actually hitting on those draft picks which I have little faith in. Not sure if Grier is able to pass the blame on his coaches for allowing them to be vocal in the draft process or if Grier just can’t evaluate. Either way, you can’t compete and stay relevant in this league without generating starters from the draft.

Didn't he draft Cam Smith because his son was a roommate of his in college? What a joke if that was the case and another reason why he needs to be gone!

Didn't he draft Cam Smith because his son was a roommate of his in college? What a joke if that was the case and another reason why he needs to be gone!
If you have to ask you need to do more research.

I asked because I read it from someone else on here and what you attached doesn't say anything about that.
Writer mentioned the fact that Grier's son played with Smith at SC. I gave you his draft profile on why he was drafted where he was. It wasn't BECAUSE his son was roomates with him as you posted.

Writer mentioned the fact that Grier's son played with Smith at SC. I gave you his draft profile on why he was drafted where he was. It wasn't BECAUSE his son was roomates with him as you posted.
Well it probably didn't hurt that his son was his roommate. But the bigger problem is Grier sucks at drafting for the most part. We don't have enough young talent on this roster.

Well it probably didn't hurt that his son was his roommate. But the bigger problem is Grier sucks at drafting for the most part. We don't have enough young talent on this roster.
Here is a recap for you to read on Cam Smith the prospect

He was clearly a highly rated prospect, I think the bigger question is what went wrong that he can't get himself onto the field

Also have no idea where anyone mentioned the two being roommates. Also, not true. They were on the same team. Younger Grier is a DB.

As far as young talent, I've mentioned this quite a few times, that because of Ross' bungling of the tampering and some trades for high level talent we haven't had a lot of picks recently. 8/14 or more in the past two years, only one of those (Smith) in the top 2 rounds.

Not sure how having such few picks means he sucks at drafting. Just so much bullshit*t gets posted here then thrown around as fact.

Back
Top Bottom