Miami Dolphins Could Select Upside Quarterback Like Jarrett Stidham | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins Could Select Upside Quarterback Like Jarrett Stidham

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
30fc0397b24b22ded1d7b7089993f254

The most likely scenario for April 25-27 is probably trading down or out of the first round in two weeks and/or selecting a defensive lineman in the first round. In this scenario, Miami could still select an upside-developmental quarterback like Jarrett Stidham of Auburn, probably in Round 3, though possibly in Round 2 or 4.
Since selecting Ryan Tannehill with the eighth pick in the 2012 draft, Miami has chosen only Brandon Doughty in the seventh round of the 2016 draft.

This is inexcusable, really.

If the Dolphins select a player like Stidham, whose stock declined in 2018 after a stellar 2017 season, they would be adding depth and potential camp competition for the rookie selected in 2020. Not adding a legitimate youthful competitor for Tannehill is one of Miami’s admitted recent failures.
Stidham has a strong arm, decent mobility and may project as a better player in a pro style offense than the offenses he operated at Baylor and Auburn, after a transfer.

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/sport...elect-upside-quarterback-like-jarrett-stidham

I could see that. Grier, Stidham, Finley and Stick are some of the second-tier quarterbacks Miami could take if they pass on one in the first round.

I keep hearing that NFL scouts are higher on Daniel Jones than media types. That makes me wonder if Jones is on the Dolphins radar at #13? His physical tools don't excite me, but he has good mechanics, has been well coached, and is said to have all the intangibles. Wouldn't like that pick necessarily, but I think he could be in play.

To me, Jones may be the wildcard pick no one is really talking about.

I’d prefer Ta’amu in the later rounds, Stidham would be my second option. Just my personal opinion.

I could see that. Grier, Stidham, Finley and Stick are some of the second-tier quarterbacks Miami could take if they pass on one in the first round.

I keep hearing that NFL scouts are higher on Daniel Jones than media types. That makes me wonder if Jones is on the Dolphins radar at #13? His physical tools don't excite me, but he has good mechanics, has been well coached, and is said to have all the intangibles. Wouldn't like that pick necessarily, but I think he could be in play.

To me, Jones may be the wildcard pick no one is really talking about.
that's be a horrible pick and not a fit either. I'm pretty sure they're looking for an accurate QB and Jones was at less than 60% for his career which is really bad. They better not do this as this guy could be even worse than Tannehill.

that's be a horrible pick and not a fit either. I'm pretty sure they're looking for an accurate QB and Jones was at less than 60% for his career which is really bad. They better not do this as this guy could be even worse than Tannehill.
I personally wouldn't go that route, but I do think it's a possibility. I still think it makes the most sense to build both lines and follow the talent in the draft, which happens to be those defensive lineman.

I actually discounted Jones entirely until I heard Bucky Brooks talking about him. Brooks said he would have ranked Jones fourth in last years' quarterback class ahead of Rosen and Jackson. Then I keep hearing that NFL scouts are higher on Jones than the media types. Add in the fact that Miami has apparently "checked in" regarding Rosen and it just makes me wonder if Jones is in play.

Now, it could be that the Dolphins do have interest in Rosen, but maybe for a 3rd rounder or something like that. The fact is, though, Miami doesn't have a future starting quarterback on the team so getting one in 2019 has to be at least a possibility.

I actually discounted Jones entirely until I heard Bucky Brooks talking about him. Brooks said he would have ranked Jones fourth in last years' quarterback class ahead of Rosen and Jackson. Then I keep hearing that NFL scouts are higher on Jones than the media types. Add in the fact that Miami has apparently "checked in" regarding Rosen and it just makes me wonder if Jones is in play.

Now, it could be that the Dolphins do have interest in Rosen, but maybe for a 3rd rounder or something like that. The fact is, though, Miami doesn't have a future starting quarterback on the team so getting one in 2019 has to be at least a possibility.
Oh I agree that getting a QB at some point is possible in this draft. I don't believe that Jones is the right guy tho. Like I said, Flores and company are coming from a team that has a very accurate QB and Jones is not accurate so he should not even be consider. As far as Brooks, nothing against him but he doesn't know more than anyone else on TV.

Oh I agree that getting a QB at some point is possible in this draft. I don't believe that Jones is the right guy tho. Like I said, Flores and company are coming from a team that has a very accurate QB and Jones is not accurate so he should not even be consider. As far as Brooks, nothing against him but he doesn't know more than anyone else on TV.
I do like Brooks, but he is just one opinion. Jones is fairly accurate. He didn't have a lot of talent around him so there were drops to be factored in. But, he is not in the same neighborhood as Brady, Brees and Pennington with pin-point accuracy. With his arm talent, I think he needs to be closer to those guys. NFL defenses are getting faster at every level. Heck, we have some defensive lineman in this draft who have run a 4.4 forty. So, I'm not sure how successful Jones will be. I'd pass as well, but guess we'll find out pretty soon.

Back
Top Bottom