Miami Dolphins Countdown To Training Camp: Offensive Line

Fin Fan in Cali

Joanne Shaw Taylor
Super Donator
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
https://www.palmbeachpost.com/sport...ins-countdown-to-training-camp-offensive-line

By the numbers: Last season, some of Miami’s regular offensive linemen ranked 62nd, 67th, 81st, 79th at their positions, according to Pro Football Focus. The additions of veterans Flowers (33rd) and Karras (19th) should help settle the interior of Miami’s line.

Quote: ”I think we feel good about the (offensive linemen) we’ve selected, but at the same time there’s a long road ahead... On the offensive line or the defensive line, it’s a team game. We’ve got to get to know each other, trust each other and build communication. So we’ve got a long way to go.” - Dolphins coach Brian Flores.

Likely Outcome: Austin Jackson wins the left tackle job and flashes inexperience at times but also a very high ceiling. Flowers and Karras are modest upgrades at left guard and center. Davis holds off Hunt at right tackle (this is a coin-flip, really) for the season opener. Hunt is extremely impressive at right guard in 2020 and plays some tackle, too. In fact, we will not be surprised if Hunt leads Miami in right tackle starts this season.

@schadjoe

jschad@pbpost.com

I think once camp starts and the coaching staff gets to see who plays the best together, this offensive line will be good once they gel and play some games together.

dolfan91

Starter
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
The 3 Offensive Linemen Miami drafted are reportedly lunch pale type run blockers, which fits in with Gailey's style. I'm hoping for them to develop rather quickly, so they potentially settle some of the question mark's surrounding the OL.

If Jackson and Hunt become serviceable starters, the line should look a lot better than 2019. Perhaps opening holes for the running game to flourish? Wishful thinking on my part, but not out of the question.

illscriptures

We need better LB's
Reaction score
God I hope this oline doesnt suck again for the 10th year in a row. I am not even looking for great results, to make it to mediocre or average would be a tremendous step forward for this group that has been at the bottom 5 of the league every year it seems.

Last edited:

Coolguy3

Starter
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
The 3 Offensive Linemen Miami drafted are reportedly lunch pale type run blockers, which fits in with Gailey's style. I'm hoping for them to develop rather quickly, so they potentially settle some of the question mark's surrounding the OL.

If Jackson and Hunt become serviceable starters, the line should look a lot better than 2019. Perhaps opening holes for the running game to flourish? Wishful thinking on my part, but not out of the question.
Maybe these players do fit Gailey's style but I'm certain that had nothing to do with it.

Mach2

Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
God I hope this oline doesnt suck again for the 10th year in a row. I am not even looking for great results, to make it to mediocre or average would be tremendous step forward for this group that has been at the bottom 5 of the league every year it seems.
We can never truly be a top level offensive team, until the line is well above average.

I don't expect it to be pretty out of the gate, but I want to see them "gel", and functioning well as a unit by early November.

Feverdream

Starter
Reaction score
I was so happy to see this year's draft. I've been begging for a lineman draft for a decade.

...and since the men that we had were so weak, all of the new ones should get a chance to play. No pressure, we wont win much anyway... unless... unless these guys work out.

Jssanto

Active Roster
Reaction score
I like our OL. Probably will be better in 21 than 20, but I like where we are.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Top Bottom