Miami Dolphins History: Backup QuarterBacks | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins History: Backup QuarterBacks

The Beach Bum

Communication Artist, DSOA, WPB.FL
Reaction score
Remember the 72 season???????? who ran more that half of it at the qb position??????? oh yeah....... the backup...... Earl Morrall

and how many teams in the past few years have won the SB with backups??????? oh yeah........ 3

im not expecting Ray to take us the ENTIRE season...... but im not worried and i am glad that we have him as a backup and NO ONE else...... he is probably one of the best backups in the league and thats why im just treating this as just another game........

WE STILL WANT YOU TO COME BACK JAY BUT YOUR BACKUP IS OK FOR NOW!!!!!!!!!!!:p

Morrall had one of the best QB ratings of all-time for the Phins since we relied so much on the running game and he was extremely efficient when needing to be. Sounds like a plan, except that Ray can run a little faster than old Earl. :lol:

OK, you guys are REALLY living in the past now. I'll bet most here (including myself, thankfully) were not even alive in 1972.

Originally posted by bills_phan
OK, you guys are REALLY living in the past now. I'll bet most here (including myself, thankfully) were not even alive in 1972.
not to mention most guys on the team, but bringing up Scott Mitchell - who performed well until he got hurt - is not as historically significant on the 30th anniversary of the only undefeated team :D

Originally posted by chambers84
Ray lucas is way better than Scott Mitchell.

Without a doubt RL is better I much agree with you. I mean Mitchell sucked with Detroit when he had Herman Moore and Barry Sanders. That shows you really suck.

Originally posted by chambers84
Ray lucas is way better than Scott Mitchell.
I went to the game in Miami ag KC and Mitchell looked like he was awesome and all of So Fla figured Dan would never be as good as we should trade him so that we could have Mitchell as our QB. Just to put some perspective on this...

Originally posted by dolphan39
I went to the game in Miami ag KC and Mitchell looked like he was awesome and all of So Fla figured Dan would never be as good as we should trade him so that we could have Mitchell as our QB. Just to put some perspective on this...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I remember some idiots saying that as well!
It certainly wasn't all of S. FL. though, not even a majority.
It's scary that anyone even thought that though.

Back
Top Bottom