Miami Dolphins Hope Rookies Michael Deiter And Shaq Calhoun Are The Answer To Their Ol Troubles | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins Hope Rookies Michael Deiter And Shaq Calhoun Are The Answer To Their Ol Troubles

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
upload_2019-8-7_5-41-19.jpeg

Whether Dolphins rookie guards Michael Deiter and Shaq Calhoun are walking down the hall or eating dinner, they like to spring quizzes on each other.

“I’ll throw a code word at him out of nowhere,” Deiter, the third-rounder from Wisconsin, said Tuesday. “I’d be like ‘Come on, what is it?’ We’ve got to think fast. That kind of competitive – it’s a joke almost, but you still get a rep. You can think through stuff and I think it’s helped a lot.”

Calhoun is an undrafted rookie free agent from Mississippi State. If Deiter and Calhoun can cut it throughout the preseason — they’re expected to start against the Falcons at left and right guard on Thursday night — then veteran Jesse Davis can slide from guard to right tackle.

“I think the real test is going to be Thursday night,” Dolphins coach Brian Flores said this week. “We want to get the best group out there.”

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/sport...e-combination-to-cease-quarterback-harassment

At the very least these kids are getting christened in the pre season. Nothing wrong with that. And if they happen to win starting jobs in the process, so be it. It only helps the team in the process. I feel good about the coaching situation as it stands today. In years past rookies would get garbage time during preseason games. This is a huge step forward IMO.

Glad to see the Young Rookies showing promise this early, very good sign if they end up Starters.

Maybe we've turned a corner in our ability to identify youngsters that have the potential to play Guard decently in this league.

Maybe we will find out as well how good our D-Line is when we play against a better O-Line

If you haven't seen the Michael Deiter pre-Draft interview (see link below), you should check it out. He gets sucked into introducing himself with a really terrible attempt at a German accent and then is completely embarrassed. It's natural and absolutely hilarious. I have seen it many times and always get a big laugh from it.
Michael Deiter is a bright guy and has a good dry sense of humor. As more of his personality is progressively exposed via the media, Dolphin fans will warm to him. Let's hope that his football progressively improves to the point where he is a valuable cog in the O-line.

https://www.btn2go.com/video/champi...r--wisconsin----big-ten-football--sports-lite

Last edited:
If you haven't seen the Michael Deiter pre-Draft interview (see link below), you should check it out. He gets sucked into introducing himself with a really terrible attempt at a German accent and then is completely embarrassed. It's natural and absolutely hilarious. I have seen it many times and always get a big laugh from it.
Michael Deiter is a bright guy and has a good dry sense of humor. As more of his personality is progressively exposed via the media, Dolphin fans will warm to him. Let's hope that his football progressively improves to the point where he is a valuable cog in the O-line.

https://www.btn2go.com/video/champi...r--wisconsin----big-ten-football--sports-lite
Watched this before and love it. He seems like a good dude. Hopefully he works out

Calhoun is interesting, being undrafted but might have some decent potential.

Either way, both will have rookie moments and have some rough looks at times but we just have to hope we see something we like for the future

I think he probably deserves more credit for that 2nd round pick from Michigan right tackle that I think a lot of people pegged as a guards development into a very solid player as a rookie.

Kinda felt like that kid was playing a little bit over his head similar to jack Conklin as a rookie but still that Indy line play was a massive difference

Dieter already harassing fellow rookie, this is promising...I'm going to steal it and put it in my new book, "Shades of Incognito."
:chuckle: Cogs really got a raw deal after he harassed Martin. If you have ever been a lockerroom you know that goes on all the time. If Martin couldn't take the verbal jabs in the clubhouse, he definitely didn't belong in the league.

Two rookies at guard. One undrafted. I like it. Develop the young talent while we take lumps getting that top pick.

Back
Top Bottom