Miami Dolphins’ Humble Giant Jesse Davis Says He Was ‘not Very Good’ In ’17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins’ Humble Giant Jesse Davis Says He Was ‘not Very Good’ In ’17

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score

Miami Dolphins lineman Jesse Davis might be really good. (Allen Eyestone / The Palm Beach Post)

AVENTURA — Jesse Davis of the Miami Dolphins was quite solid when thrust into the lineup at guard or tackle last season, heavily exceeding expectations.

But Davis has higher expectations for himself. In fact, on Friday, he was blunt about his 2017 performance.

“Overall, I’d say not very good, but I guess you can say I held my own,” Davis said, speaking before the Dolphins Cancer Challenge Celebrity Golf Tournament. “It was my first season, played multiple positions. It was fun, I know that. It was kind of stressful at times, but it also was just kind of fun to be in that situation where you can feel like you’re going to sink but you start treading water, get to it.”
http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachp...-jesse-davis-says-he-was-not-very-good-in-17/

Davis is an important piece going forward. The FO felt so good about his play at RT that they almost dumped former 1st rounder Juann James. I think he can really help us at RG and he gives us additional depth.

I am truly excited to see the unit come together. That could mean a night and day difference in our offense.

Jesse Davis was actually one of the few really good surprises from last season. He way exceeded most expectations and should be in serious contention as a starting Guard. Full marks for the front office employee who evaluated him and saw the potential that other teams didn't recognize.

I like him better at right tackle, he's longer-limbed and agile enough. But apparently, we want to waste another year and 9 million dollars watching Juwan James play half the season as a mediocre prospect so, whatever...

He won't say it, but I will. He played well at right tackle when he was asked to fill in there, and he was DAMN good down the stretch at right guard. He picks up where he left off and the team should be talking to his agent about a long term contract by week 8.

I believe he played well and even better later on the year. I think part was him getting more comfortable there and also him being on the same page wit Young after James went down

I hope we discover a few more hidden gems like Davis this year too.
This combined with a nice free agency, and a few more playmakers from the draft, the return of Tannehill, RM, we may seriously compete for the Division. We are highly underrated coming into this season imo.

dude is an interesting case study -- undrafted then bounces around a few times -- lands on our PS and suddenly he's a player!

It would seem he worked his ask off ramping up to handle the N F L !

Kinda guy I’d love to extend. I think he would be ecstatic to be offered what some would be insulted with. Say 4 year 12 million, 2 million signing bonus, 6 million gaurunteed.

Bam, his family’s future is secured and he is beholden to team.

Back
Top Bottom