Miami Dolphins Lb Jerome Baker Shows Off Lightning Quickness | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins Lb Jerome Baker Shows Off Lightning Quickness

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
1014162142.JPG

Miami Dolphins rookie linebacker Jerome Baker is really fast. And in Thursday’s preseason game against the Bucs, he looked really, really fast.
“That was one aspect of my game that everybody really didn’t question,” Baker said, after recording a team-leading five tackles.

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/sport...f-lightning-quickness/nnREcMdyzlTt7K8QaeJvRM/

His explosiveness towards the ball carrier definitely stands out. He certainly needs to work on his tackling. Saw him miss a few times.

Also, I'm not sure what his primary assignment were but a few times he let the TE etc get out in the flat and he was way behind the play. In a real game those are easily converted to 1st down yardage.

So far he seems to be a better version of the LB Anthony #44, If i recall correctly.

Rae, didn't get alot of plays admittedly, but the guy didn't flash at all. That seems to be mirroring camp reports.

Oh i forget to mention Baker looked WINDED really bad. I'm not sure what's that all about. But he looked gased!

Last edited:
1014162142.JPG

Miami Dolphins rookie linebacker Jerome Baker is really fast. And in Thursday’s preseason game against the Bucs, he looked really, really fast.
“That was one aspect of my game that everybody really didn’t question,” Baker said, after recording a team-leading five tackles.

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/sport...f-lightning-quickness/nnREcMdyzlTt7K8QaeJvRM/

I’m excited for these rookies. Love the humility and work ethic. I hope they keep their heads down and go to work.

Needs to get off blocks.

Needs to take on blocks properly so he can then get off them better. That TD late to his side was on him. He turned into the block and got consumed so he couldn't get off the block. Pure technique gaff, but... He read the play very well and attacked the hole hard, just incorrectly.

Needs to take on blocks properly so he can then get off them better. That TD late to his side was on him. He turned into the block and got consumed so he couldn't get off the block. Pure technique gaff, but... He read the play very well and attacked the hole hard, just incorrectly.

I’m only 2 minutes into the second quarter but I can tell already that this kid has to get off blocks better. And like you said take them on properly. I think he thinks he can do what he did in college which was out athlete and run around people. Not at lb in a scheme that is this gap heavy.

What in the heck was Anthony doing on that first td? He scraped down like he had a guy behind him to fill there. The blocker just let him run right out of the play and create that massive hole backside.

I’m excited for these rookies. Love the humility and work ethic. I hope they keep their heads down and go to work.
I second this, a good crop of first and second year players.

I second this, a good crop of first and second year players.
Excellent point. You can't build a team in one, or two years. You have to draft well, and develop young guys over the course of you to five years. That's one reason that when teams recycle coaching staffs every couple of years never find success. It's a mystery to me how owners can't see that.

Baker has to weigh more than 215. He has some muscle on him. He weighed 232 at draft time and he doesn't look any smaller than he did then.

Back
Top Bottom