Miami Dolphins offense headed toward an overhaul | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins offense headed toward an overhaul

Then we spend years developing Dion Sims, and he finally starts showing some flashes of athleticism in 2016, and of course, Chicago throws more money at him and we won't match.

I was upset when we let Sims walk away. I know we tried to re-sign Sims, but they blamed it on him asking too much. When you look at the salaries now, Sims is getting $6M from Chicago, and we ended up giving $6M a year for Julius Thomas (also had to sign a blocking TE in Fasano for $2M). Who would you rather have for $6M a year? One was a complete TE, and the other is a lazy WR posing as a TE.

I was upset when we let Sims walk away. I know we tried to re-sign Sims, but they blamed it on him asking too much. When you look at the salaries now, Sims is getting $6M from Chicago, and we ended up giving $6M a year for Julius Thomas (also had to sign a blocking TE in Fasano for $2M). Who would you rather have for $6M a year? One was a complete TE, and the other is a lazy WR posing as a TE.
Same approach as when we let Lamar Miller walk and Olivier Vernon. Miller we tried to sign C.J. Anderson and ended up signing Foster (although cheaply I think) but spent a draft pick on a RB who can't do much. For Vernon we spent a ton on Mario Williams and spent a draft pick on Charles Harris who we all hope develops.

Seems like we spend a lot in terms of resources and money to replace guys that should be part of the foundation. Hard to build a foundation when you're contently tearing it down.

Seems like we spend a lot in terms of resources and money to replace guys that should be part of the foundation. Hard to build a foundation when you're contently tearing it down.

I think some of these GM's get too caught up in saving cap space rather than preserving talent. Every team's goal should be to acquire talent, not cap space.

Surely you guys can see watching qb play tonight even the difference in tbe willingness of these qbs to stand in and take contact to make a play and what your qb is doing.

Surely.

The ball is coming out in sync with the route combos because they are willing to lay it on the line physically.

That's the biggest problem with this offense right now

Surely you guys can see watching qb play tonight even the difference in tbe willingness of these qbs to stand in and take contact to make a play and what your qb is doing.

Surely.

The ball is coming out in sync with the route combos because they are willing to lay it on the line physically.

That's the biggest problem with this offense right now
Agree sir. Jay throws the ball away or into the ground so he doesn't have to take the hit. Tonight's game was of higher quality QB's that you really enjoyed watching even though they aren't your favorite team.

The problem is Adam Philbin is in over his head. He has his system and he's sticking to it. If a matchup isn't favorable he cowers and goes into a play calling shell. It was fun watching the Eagles offense last night dictate what they were going to do with motion and up tempo. Us? Ha. "The took away the outside zone runs" "Julius didn't have favorable matchups". They're laying the excuse groundwork early this year. It CAN'T be the QB Whisperer's fault! Can't wait for the bubble screens on 3rd and 10 and the subsequent 37 yard punt by Haack Sunday.

I said last offseason they needed to draft two guards and sign one in FA. They do this for a living, and they couldn't see it. Same old story no matter who's in charge here. I refuse to take them seriously.

The problem is Adam Philbin is in over his head. He has his system and he's sticking to it. If a matchup isn't favorable he cowers and goes into a play calling shell. It was fun watching the Eagles offense last night dictate what they were going to do with motion and up tempo. Us? Ha. "The took away the outside zone runs" "Julius didn't have favorable matchups". They're laying the excuse groundwork early this year. It CAN'T be the QB Whisperer's fault! Can't wait for the bubble screens on 3rd and 10 and the subsequent 37 yard punt by Haack Sunday.

But Adam is the “Guru”! He will change up the 3rd and 10 bubble screens to a draw. I’m still waiting on the TE screen to Thomas.

Looking at the schedule, we will be lucky to go 4-12.

People were sleeping on the Eagles. Statistically they were the anti-dolphins, they should have won 10+ games last season. Their passing game was the only weak link last season, their defense, running game, and special teams were all top 10, and now Wentz is looking like the real deal. At QB they were basically in the same situation we were in when Pederson took over. But instead of settling for "but who are you going to replace him with" Bradford and his sidekick, Pederson completely overhauled the position. Very envious of what they are doing over there.

Back
Top Bottom