"Miami Dolphins offense out to make defenses adjust" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Miami Dolphins offense out to make defenses adjust"

NYPhin24

Scout Team
Reaction score
http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/08/28/2379633/freedom-reigns.html

The Bucs’ defense had only one safety deep, called “post safety” coverage, and Henne knew the offense would be better suited to exploit that part of the field.

“So I audible to a post-safety [passing] play, right?” Henne explained privately afterward. “Then, the defense audibled into two-deep [coverage]. So now I’m back into the same situation. But you try to pick a play that can beat any coverage.”

First, Henne’s audible worked. Even after the Bucs tried to adjust, he picked a play that meant he could hit tight end Anthony Fasano across the middle for a 22-yard gain, allowing offensive coordinator Brian Daboll some freedom to call for the deep ball to wide receiver Brandon Marshall on the next play.

The ability to audible at the line of scrimmage? To call any play he deems worthy of the looks being given by the defense? This is a quarterback’s dream. And Henne, who seems to no longer be wearing any handcuffs at all, is now living it.

“Oh, it’s great,” Henne said. “It’s full reign.”

“It’s more about Daboll and this offense — how we’ve evolved,” Henne said. “I think if we see a [defensive] look out there, Daboll said I have free reign to go ahead and get a new play. He wants to get us in the best plays, and it’s my job to do that.”

“I think last year was more audible protections, meaning if we saw a blitz we’d go into max protection by adding a blocker rather than switching the routes,” Henne said. “This is different. This is, if we have a run play and we don’t like it, let’s go to a pass play. Or go from a pass play to a run play.”

This is refreshing, just knowing Henne doesnt feel tied down/limited/restricted, every single time he gets to the line knowing he is restricted by that stubborn dinosaur Henning, most importantly is highlighted in red where we all say the offense panic as soon as a blitz was shown and keep everyone in and send out 2 WRs on curl and drag routes leaving Henne 2 or 3 options at best, Daboll would rather send out 3-4 WRs or Bush out of the backfield every time and let Henne make his own decisions instead of being conservative and having limited options under Henning, give Henne still has to prove himself but under Henning last season he never really had a chance

“We’re definitely out there to attack them,” Henne said. “If they give us a coverage that we see, we change and audible the play. We’re definitely on the attack in the game and they’re going to have to adjust to us.”

I am glad, but honestly I wish the OL would get their **** together, I want no excuses good or bad at the end of the year.

Either he is our guy for the next 10 years or he is not, no more guessing. No more what if's.

He now has the weapons.
He now has the offensive Scheme
He now has the handcuffs removed

Sink or Swim lets do this!
Chubbs

Seriously, Dan farking Henning completely stunted this kid's growth and held him back to the detriment of the team. Amazing. Now, the only think I want to see is when real games start and defenses start really scheming for you and are actively disguising their coverages. Is Henne to the point of quick recognition at the line and not be fooled to throw in to coverage?

this is it....sink or swim Chad(along with the rest of the coachign staff)

We know the OL is an area of concern but does that discussion have to take over EVERY thread!!

I'm going to start a thread about the cheerleaders uniforms and I guarantee that someone will bring the OLine into it......"they won't have anything to cheer about bc our OLine sucks!"
Are we all that one track minded......too many broken records looking for any opportunity to make it sound like we have nothing good to talk about.
The line didn't play that great .....WE KNOW ALREADY!

LoL the O-Line is the problem now every single day until this week when like the linbackers have a rough night LoL. . . . no team is perfect - ever.

gee...if Henne can improve this much (even tho it IS just preseason) in just a few weeks, what kind of a QB do you think he would be if he had this kind of coaching from his rookie year?

To think that Chad Henne, a pro Quarterback, was forbidden to audible by Dan Henning, a pro Offensive Coordinator, & Tony Sparano, a pro Head Coach, is absolutely laughable. These guys were playing the game like it was the 1940's.

I'm really not the type to usually say things like this, but thinking back to how painful last season was i almost wish harm on Dan Henning.

Back
Top Bottom