Miami Dolphins Players Weak Links | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins Players Weak Links

Sherif

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
First on my list is Morlon Greenwood. He's disappeared again. Zack has 31 tackles so far this year and Seau is helpling with 16 but Deadwood isn't doing his part with 9. He's on pace to get 45 tackles this year beating his miserable thirty something last year.

Another weak link so far has to be Mark Dixon. Will he play 4 games this year. I don't think he'll stay healthy. He's sucking up a roster spot and is turning into another Brent Smith.

You have to look at Donald Lee as a weak link with Just one catch and McKnight with two catches.

Taylor with half a sack and only 3 Tackles in 3 games is getting swallowed up. The logic is he's opening it up for Ogun who is projected to get 10 sacks but still if lack of production has pegged McKnight as a weak link than it's the same for Taylor.

mcknight is definitly a waste of space, you cant say anything about taylor teams are game playing specifically around him as far as protections and blocking schemes so, you can help getting double teamed not to mention how many times he gets held and its not being called at all so teams are doing it and gettign away with it. Lee is a rookie and more of a blocking tight end and with a guy like mcmicheal he is even lucky to be playing right now let alone making catches

McKnight has just as much chance to pick up has numbers as Taylor. McKnight has had balls overthrown to him. He should have a TD but it's not his fault.

Well, if you watch the film, Greenwood is actually doing his job pretty well. With Junior and Zach, Miami has two of the most attacking linebackers in the league. Greenwood is supposed to contain, so if Zach and Junior over run the play, Morlon is there (almost like a linebacker safety).

Think about it this way... if Greenwood gets a lot of tackles this year, then Miami probably won't be a good defensive team. If Morlon is making the tackles, then chances are it is because Zach and Junior are missing them.

In addition, I don't really agree with 'projected stats' after 3 weeks. For example, do you think that Jamal Lewis will run for
2645 yards this year??

I think Greenwood had 53 tackles last year, not 30 something
And like phinphan said, hes doing his part. Just because I guy doesnt suit your needs in the tackle category doesn't mean he sucks or is a weak link.

I would add Derrius Thompson to that list. So far, he hasn't done anything.

Sorry to do this, but do you include Jay Fiedler in this list?? He is not connecting on the deep passes (open or otherwise). And there have been some poor decisions in critical times.

No reason to apologise, he is definitly a weak-link and should be at the top of the list because he plays arguably the most important position on the team.

DT is beginning to show us why Spurrier let him walk.

McKnight a weak link with 2 catches as the #3?

Then Derrius Thompson with 4 catches as the #2, 10 mistakes..

The Morlon Greenwood comments are ridiculous. He's a damn #3 LB. He's playing next to two guys who attack constantly. He also is in coverage quite a bit, and is the first LB off the field when we go into Nickel coverage.

Originally posted by SurtainRulz23
I think Greenwood had 53 tackles last year, not 30 something
And like phinphan said, hes doing his part. Just because I guy doesnt suit your needs in the tackle category doesn't mean he sucks or is a weak link.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/stats/MIA/2002/regular

Greenwood had 35 tackles last year. Thank goodness for Seau picking up D. Rodgers slack this year. Just because he doesnt suit my needs? Wake up. No In'ts no big hits no forced fumbles he's dead wood just like Fletcher. You'd better hope Zack or Seau don't get hurt.

Back
Top Bottom