Miami Dolphins Press Conference 4:15pm est | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins Press Conference 4:15pm est

I remember how effective Shula was during similar times in the mid '70s, specifically the Reese/Crowder incident. You could see the emotion on his face, the embarrassment and shock, accompanied by all the correct words, gestures and emphasis. Of course, there were never any doubts about Shula, on or off the field. He could restore pride within 30 seconds.

When I criticize the organization it's always based on the same theme, that the people holding the top roles simply aren't the caliber of the group I grew up with. When that's the case, nothing works. Flawed decisions and instincts. You fail to see what you should see, and react poorly to impromptu situations. Yesterday was a predictable joke. I still don't understand the need for that first statement, as I posted at the time. Any competent crew would understand you were hardly in a position of strength, that it was not only sensible to wait but advantageous. Their error was par for the course.

It needs to be Philbin today. And not a controlled Dawn Aponte version of Philbin. Don't hide behind phrases like ongoing investigation. We get that. There are ways to be candid and impressive outside the most specific information that we realize you can't release.

I have to believe the Dolphins' stance will be that they didn't know the full extent of the problem until now, since they have now decided to suspend Incognito. The evidence they've been presented with now has to be substantially greater than the evidence it can be proven they were aware of previously.

nfl network says they will have the press conference live. I'm waiting for it to start any minute

Not a big Philbin fan, but I got to give him props for opening remarks on this. He was upfront and clear, and broke down the series of events. Good move to face this head on.

Philbin saying what he needs to say but a lot more has to be told. Still a huge Philbin fan.

Back
Top Bottom