Miami Dolphins: Redheaded stepchild of sports media | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins: Redheaded stepchild of sports media

ChambersNBoston said:
This could just be me but I feel that we (Dolphins) are not getting enough attention...it could be because of Saban...but it doesn't mean they can't talk about us a little bit more...NFL Network for example, they have different players, coachs, and assistant coachs come on the show and talk about the team or the draft...I don't know...I'm probably just frustrated that i dont hear enough about the team or see any damn highlights...someone from another post asked about the monday night game vs PATS and if its been on NFL Network's "Game of the Week"...I was pretty damn sure that after that game it would be on GOTW. But naw they showed one of many Eagle's GOTWs...which I hated because our game was on MNF vs the Superbowl Champs. The Phins are always NEGLECTED.

As you mentioned, you're just flippin' your lid about it because it's your team.

This has bothered me for a while, and we have been neglected more now sicne we had that God awful season. We will suprise the sports media though and the rest of the NFL.

I don't buy it at all. It's now been more than 31 years since we were champs but seldom, if ever, does anyone in the national media point that out or chide us for it. Chris Berman annually makes a big deal of saluting the '72 team on Primetime Live when the last unbeaten falls. "Pop the champagne!" In fact, he counts it down for weeks as the unbeatens dwindle, mentioning that Zonk, Keuch, etc. are getting closer to the annual celebration. When we're anything but pathetic we always get the max compliment of primetime games the following season. You've got Marino and JJ on the major network pregame shows plus Marino on Inside The NFL. They always give the Dolphins plenty of mention. I guarantee we receive more than 3.2% of the airtime alloted to NFL teams on those shows. Among 32 teams that should be our cut and we surpass it by plenty.

ChambersNBoston said:
Thank you very much JLfin and PHINPHOURLIPHE glad someone else noticed it too.

Oh...I've noticed it too! It's not only this year but the entire existence of this storied franchise. I think the success of the Miami Dolphins have garnered a little resentment from the national media. Not to mention the fans of the other teams in the AFCE. Witness the number of post from fans of the other teams in the AFCE. If we weren't respected they wouldn't be over here taunting.

The national media could care less about the Dolphins, especially now that they are one of the bottom dwellars of the league.........THEY DON'T HATE, RESENT, OR HAVE ANY OTHER NEGATIVE FEELINGS TOWARD THEM. They are just 1 of 32 teams in the league. I really hate these conspiracy theory threads how the whole world hates on the Dolphins.......go to a Cowboy board, or a Redskins board or a Jets board and you can read how the media hates them too. Just because the media doesn't share your excitement for the upcoming season of a 4-12 club, doesn't mean they are biased.

burger13 said:
The national media could care less about the Dolphins, especially now that they are one of the bottom dwellars of the league.........THEY DON'T HATE, RESENT, OR HAVE ANY OTHER NEGATIVE FEELINGS TOWARD THEM. They are just 1 of 32 teams in the league. I really hate these conspiracy theory threads how the whole world hates on the Dolphins.......go to a Cowboy board, or a Redskins board or a Jets board and you can read how the media hates them too. Just because the media doesn't share your excitement for the upcoming season of a 4-12 club, doesn't mean they are biased.

Makes no difference to me Pal, what you might think! As for the Dolphins being bottom dwellers. That's just not the facts.

DWELL: To live as a resident; reside. 2. To exist in a given place or state.

The Dolphins hardly qualify as "Bottom Dwellers" their station in life is to send teams that haven't been up to the task to be the doormats of the NFL.

cnc66 said:
four and twelve ..... we don't deserve squat until we earn it

True. Ten or fifteen years ago we got plenty of attention. You get what you earn. We will climb back.

Back
Top Bottom