Miami Dolphins: Superfan Headed To Pro Football Hall Of Fame | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins: Superfan Headed To Pro Football Hall Of Fame

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
First, I wanted to say that I don't know the guy and he probably has a love and passion for the team. But with that said, what in the Hell is the HOF doing putting fans in Canton?

Dolfan-Maniac.jpg

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/miami-dolphins-superfan-hall-of-fame/

It's apparently all part of the "everyone gets a trophy" generation. Being old school, I believe ONLY players (and grudgingly, coaches) should be in the HOF. It started going downhill when they started allowing owners in....why, exactly?? Because they have loads of money and are rich guys?? It should be reserved for accomplishments on the field, not for anyone who has some kind of association with the league. It cheapens the meaning.

First, I wanted to say that I don't know the guy and he probably has a love and passion for the team. But with that said, what in the Hell is the HOF doing putting fans in Canton?

Dolfan-Maniac.jpg

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/miami-dolphins-superfan-hall-of-fame/
This got to be a joke. I am going to the Dolphins in forever and I don't think I ever seen the guy. Then again there is a lot of guys running around in colorful outfits.

So he pulled a reverse Fireman Ed. From Jets fan to Dolphins fan. He sucks his way into the stadium (sponsors and splitting with friends) and there is no talk that he is actually a season ticket holder or pays for his tickets. He was a coke addict, almost killed him and now he is a reborn Christian. Great and all that makes him a superfan how?

If they have a HoF for fans (which is utterly stupid in the first place) then pick a real dedicated fan not some face painted dude who weasels himself into the stadium.

There is a guy in my section, a few rows below me, he is probably in his mid-70s. He never missed a game since he got season tickets which was the year the Dolphins were founded. He is at most preseason games and when he was younger he traveled to about 50% of away games. He was at every Superbowl game the Dolphins played (all 5 of them). Now that is a Superfan who should be in that HoF. I am utterly shocked that the Dolphins did not pull season ticket records. It is a shame.

It's apparently all part of the "everyone gets a trophy" generation. Being old school, I believe ONLY players (and grudgingly, coaches) should be in the HOF. It started going downhill when they started allowing owners in....why, exactly?? Because they have loads of money and are rich guys?? It should be reserved for accomplishments on the field, not for anyone who has some kind of association with the league. It cheapens the meaning.

Yet it's probably the older generation making the decisions for the HOF?

Met the guy and his wife at the draft party. Very personable dude and had the fully loaded dolphins truck parked near the front.

Not gonna lie, I have never seen/paid attention to the guy before prior to this.

I see Big Papa Pump far more often tbh:

fl-miami-dolphins-playoffs-superfans-20170105

Met the guy and his wife at the draft party. Very personable dude and had the fully loaded dolphins truck parked near the front.

Not gonna lie, I have never seen/paid attention to the guy before prior to this.

Dude is pimping a Larry Chester jersey, has to be his dad or really is a super fan

fl-miami-dolphins-playoffs-superfans-20170105
Though Big Papa Pump gets his visits now sponsored as well but I agree he was much more visible over the years.

Yet it's probably the older generation making the decisions for the HOF?

You're correct....I probably should have said "the everyone gets a trophy" mindset prevalent everywhere today (and which has apparently infected the HOF).

Back
Top Bottom