Miami Dolphins Tried To Pull A Slick One, But The Tennessee Titans Were Prepared | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins Tried To Pull A Slick One, But The Tennessee Titans Were Prepared

Do you believe Falk is here to stay in 2018, beyond week 2 ?

Personally speaking, I think he has the quickest release I have seen in 20 years, since 13. After listening to Gase's interview after Ron Wolf's visit to the Davie headquarters, I think RW made some great points to Gase that he took to heart, and decided to get as many developmental QB's on the roster as he could get/afford. Luke Falk is one of the QB's they had on their radar from the draft (according to Gase's interview), and the Fins were happy to get him off waivers. I would not want to predict how long he stays in a Fins Uni, but I think they will try to get as much multi-year mileage out of him as possible, either as a backup, or heir apparent to RT17, depending on how well 17 plays over the next couple of years. He's got the size, the experience, and the talent to be a good QB, once Gase spends some time moulding this guy. Worst case, graduate him from Gase U. and get a draft pick for him.

I'm sure we asked him, and I'm sure he gave us info, so it's not wrong. But, I think the bigger issue for both team and player is that A) the Dolphins have a very pronounced need for a backup QB, preferably a young one Gase can groom for down the road, and B) Faulk has an opportunity with relatively little competition to become that guy, take 4 years of tutelage and become a decent QB by his next contract.

His ideal scenario was never to go to Buffalo and start … he never was that guy. His ideal scenario was to become the next Jimmy Giraffe-Phobia … oops, sorry, even though he's no longer a Patriot … I just can't help it. Anyway, this could be an ideal scenario for Faulk, who basically gets to learn for 12 months to learn unchallenged on a team that has a good young offensive staff. No matter where his career takes him, these guys (Gase, Loggains, etc.) will be coaching somewhere, and if he can impress them, he can secure a decent career. If I were Faulk, sure, I'd be bummed about being cut by the Titans, but feel extremely thankful that I landed in Miami with Gase.

It never fales to amaze me what the falk the Dolphins do.

I think these two could be useful.

Lmao!!

I could give a rat's as s about the Titans game plan in week 1.

We just STOLE a draft pick from them. Makes me feel a lot better about this past draft now that we essentially drafted a QB to develop.

Great move!!!

There’s no way he is in competition to start next year, maybe as a backup.

So what does it really matter, he's here, check out his info, and then just put him on the PS and then give him a chance to compete next season. Not everything has to have a nefarious spin on it.

So what does it really matter, he's here, check out his info, and then just put him on the PS and then give him a chance to compete next season. Not everything has to have a nefarious spin on it.
I was replying to a poster saying that he was going to compete for the starting job next year. Whether that was you or not I don’t care, I still believe my reply is correct.

But...... You also have that on films????
Film will not tell you nearly as much as a QB who is actually throwing the ball to them and seeing in depth what they, other QBs, and other coaches are articulating. It is like saying you can learn as much from a how to video as you can from personal instruction. Specific questions can be asked as well.

A QB is more valuable for intelligence purposes since they have to know what everybody on O is supposed to do and be able to pre snap read the D to make adjustments. WR? not so much...

1st time I’ve heard of a team holding back stuff from there install. That coaching staff should start looking for a new job. I hear coaches complaining all the time how hard it is to put in there install with the time there given. Yet a first time head coach is smarter then them all. It’s the regular season it’s time for game planning not game installation.

1st time I’ve heard of a team holding back stuff from there install. That coaching staff should start looking for a new job. I hear coaches complaining all the time how hard it is to put in there install with the time there given. Yet a first time head coach is smarter then them all. It’s the regular season it’s time for game planning not game installation.
exactly. It would be a big mistake if they haven't installed their entire offense yet. He is probably talking about the game plan for this week, specifically.

exactly. It would be a big mistake if they haven't installed their entire offense yet. He is probably talking about the game plan for this week, specifically.
Agree. they’re installing a new offense of system and think he was holding stuff back is absurd.

No wonder Miami's offense has looked poor this preseason, it isn't installed yet just like Tenn. Of course Luke knows the plays. We just have to figure out what Tenn version of Go, go go means.

I don't buy this. There is no way they could still be installing a large portion of the offense within a week and the game. I always thought "install" was done by the time camp broke prior to wk 3 of the preseason. Obviously he wasn't around for the specific Dolphins game planning but he definitely knows the offense.

Back
Top Bottom