Miami Dolphins Wide Receiver Armon Binns has Coaching Staff Excited ! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins Wide Receiver Armon Binns has Coaching Staff Excited !

I know the staff reportedly had nice things to say about Binns after picking him up last year, but who is Craig Ballard and how does he know the coaching staff has been overly impressed with Binns during OTA's? I don't believe I've seen this mentioned by any of the beat writers.

Barry Jackson has mentioned that Jasper Collins, the undrafted rookie from Mount Union, has impressed. Barry covers the team regularily. That impresses me more.

I wish the season would start already lol. I want this team to show the world what it can do and surprise the hell out of everyone.

Speak for yourself. I want to enjoy my summer first.

He caught a lot of footballs his last two years in college. One thing about a 6'3' guy (being 6'4" myself), if you are just one normal step ahead on a 5'10" corner, you are open if the pass is high enough.

On certain routes, when you have (for instance) a 6'4" QB throwing to a 6'4"WR, it is very hard for a 5'10" corner to defend against a well thrown pass.

some WRs know how to work this, they "play tall". Maybe Binns is one of them.

It is a game of inches.

Is he the one that dropped some crucial catches in the Patriots game last season?

Matthews is the guy that I think could threaten for PT. I like his toughness last year.

The undrafted kids specifically Bumphis and Collins really interest me. I think they were as good as those drafted ahead of them.

I will say this: the 3rd and 4th quarters of the first 3 preseason games will be competitive and interesting. I bet the Fins demonstrate excellent depth by showing well late in some of these "meaningless" games. Should be a fun spring.

I don't think he makes the roster. The few times I've watched him he just looked sloppy.

he looked great for the bengals too in the offseason so good that he started the season than showed his true colors ...so

Lol tannehill will overthrow him

Matthews is the guy that I think could threaten for PT. I like his toughness last year.

The undrafted kids specifically Bumphis and Collins really interest me. I think they were as good as those drafted ahead of them.

I will say this: the 3rd and 4th quarters of the first 3 preseason games will be competitive and interesting. I bet the Fins demonstrate excellent depth by showing well late in some of these "meaningless" games. Should be a fun spring.

Hopefully somebody emerges in those final few preseason games. I remember being so pumped last year waiting to see who would separate themselves from the pack and become the 4th or 5th WR on the squad and it never happened.

he looked great for the bengals too in the offseason so good that he started the season than showed his true colors ...so

That's what is so Legedu Naanee about it. Legedu Naanee was always a guy that flattered to deceive in San Diego, and he pulled the same thing in Carolina. Teams get excited about the potential in July and August, then are scratching their heads in September and October. That was how San Diego came to regard Legedu, and it's how Carolina came to regard him too. Sure enough he comes to Miami and onlookers can't stop talking about him in July and August, and I kept saying...the tape doesn't lie. Go watch the tape. Go watch every catch of his in a Carolina Panther uniform, as I did, and tell me that's an impressive player.

Now I actually liked Armon Binns' potential coming out of University of Cincinnati so right there already that's a difference. But even there, he flattered to deceive. Heading into his senior year he looked like he would turn up a lot better than he actually did. Not that he had a bad senior season by any means, it was better than his junior year production wise, he just didn't come along well in the pure skills he was showing on the field and it got him UDFA status.

What I don't like about his time with the Bengals is at one point his stock was flying so high they made him the starter, and then shortly after they put him on waivers. The first 6 games this year he played 292 of 412 snaps. That's 71%. That's a starter's workload. But they were so unimpressed with what they saw, they benched him and then cut him. He got to Miami and immediately I think he turned some heads because of his size which was like Brandon Marshall, and also because he wore the same number as Marshall. He moved pretty well. The Dolphins were impressed enough they gave him playing time. But again, flattered to deceive. He had 67 yards on 60 routes. He dropped 2 balls on only 8 catchable targets.

The good news is that Binns is only a 3rd year player right now. Legedu Naanee was a 6th year player. A guy suddenly taking what he's doing on the practice field and translating it better on Sunday would not be totally unheard of going from his 2nd year to his 3rd year, whereas it would definitely be kind of odd in a guy's 6th year.

But until he actually does it...I'm not sure there's any point getting excited about him. Too many have come before him.

if he becomes that good in the rotation of recievers that means that the Hartline price or Gibson signing might have been a waste

but a good problem to have, I hope he keeps improving

Yup. Also why Will Davis is shining early on. Wait till he has to tackle somebody in the heat of a game and the preseason hype could melt away pretty fast.

I hate it, but I could not agree more. I just watched his highlights again last night. If he is on the corner it is a must that you run or throw screens in his direction.......really easy money right there. :boohoo:

Peace

Back
Top Bottom