Miami draft needs and players outlined for you all | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami draft needs and players outlined for you all

Finsfan79

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Miami has addressed their need at QB and Left Tackle now with the pickups of shelton (Houck wanted him) and Culpepper.

Now to figure out the rest of our needs.

OLB - Junior is gone and Hodge was brought in as a backup. Expect miami to look to pick up someone (arrington/mcginest) if not the following could fill this void.

Manny Lawson at 16
Bobby Carpenter with a trade back
Mark Anderson in the 3rd
Stanley McClover in the 3rd
Victor Adeyanju in the 3rd

CB - Miami has 3 young players at CB that all have good potential. They could still perhaps draft one. They like tall CB's for Saban's system. But it depends what is on the board honestly. Mitchell they are very high upon before he got hurt last year. Poole was to be the number 1 CB last year before he got hurt. Daniels had a great year for a 4th round pick. If they do draft a CB Daniels will move to FS to play besides Bell.

16th Tye Hill - little short for saban's system but amazing speed and talent
16th Jimmy williams - If he fell to us he would be the pick but I doubt he will honestly.
Trade back - Antonio Cromartie, Ashton Youboty

3rd (doubt they slip)
Demarco Minter CB
Johnathan Joseph CB
Richard Marshall CB
Kelly Jennings CB

4th
Dee Webb in the 4th
Anwar Phillips in the 4th
Alan Zemaitis in the 4th
Will Blackmon in the 4th

FS - They have Bell whom could be the FS but most likely will be the SS instead. While they have a solid backup for him in tillman they really are missing a starter. They just had in Chris Hope and have a trio of other Vets lined up and Schulters has stated he wouldnt mind coming back either. Still it could become a need. The following are the Safeties we would look at.

1st
Ko Simpson S SC
Trade back: Darnell Bing S USC
trade back: Jason Allen S Ten
trade back: Donte Whitner S OSU

3rd
Daniel Bullucks S
Pat Watkins S
7th
Greg Threat S

OG is another need but that most likely wont be a 1st round need. If we dont sign someone I expect to see us seek out a guard in the 4th round as a project player or perhaps in the 7th (we have 2 picks there). It is something you can find later on in the draft.

WR isnt a huge need but we can add more depth to there for the team. I wouldnt be surprised to see us add one if it comes up as BPA in the 3rd or 4th.
3rd round Demetrius Williams sticks out to me if he slips to there.

Miami's primary needs as of right now are:

OLB
CB
S
RG

then
WR

:) hope this helps out some folks, it most likely will alter some as FA goes on.

Im not a big ty hill fan, he is fast, but way smaller than we need at CB. I agree totally with your needs and the guys on the list would all help. I see us going DB first

Finsfan79 said:

OLB
CB
S
RG

then
WR

:) hope this helps out some folks, it most likely will alter some as FA goes on.

Good post. I would love to see Miami get Greenway, Huff or Lawson in round 1. If neither of those guys are available, I think a trade down for more picks is likely. I agree with your positions of need, but I really feel the secondary could use a complete overhaul. Daniels IMO was just okay. He is an excellent tackler, but a step slow in coverage. I could see him moving to FS and excelling there though. Other than that, I believe Saban views Poole as more of a nickel/dime guy (small) and Mitchell, althought talented, is a project. So there is a lot of work to be done in the secondary. Maybe the Dolphins can sign Hope which would really help out.

Finsfan79 said:
Miami has addressed their need at QB and Left Tackle now with the pickups of shelton (Houck wanted him) and Culpepper.

Now to figure out the rest of our needs.

OLB - Junior is gone and Hodge was brought in as a backup. Expect miami to look to pick up someone (arrington/mcginest) if not the following could fill this void.

Manny Lawson at 16
Bobby Carpenter with a trade back
Mark Anderson in the 3rd
Stanley McClover in the 3rd
Victor Adeyanju in the 3rd

CB - Miami has 3 young players at CB that all have good potential. They could still perhaps draft one. They like tall CB's for Saban's system. But it depends what is on the board honestly. Mitchell they are very high upon before he got hurt last year. Poole was to be the number 1 CB last year before he got hurt. Daniels had a great year for a 4th round pick. If they do draft a CB Daniels will move to FS to play besides Bell.

16th Tye Hill - little short for saban's system but amazing speed and talent
16th Jimmy williams - If he fell to us he would be the pick but I doubt he will honestly.
Trade back - Antonio Cromartie, Ashton Youboty

3rd (doubt they slip)
Demarco Minter CB
Johnathan Joseph CB
Richard Marshall CB
Kelly Jennings CB

4th
Dee Webb in the 4th
Anwar Phillips in the 4th
Alan Zemaitis in the 4th
Will Blackmon in the 4th

FS - They have Bell whom could be the FS but most likely will be the SS instead. While they have a solid backup for him in tillman they really are missing a starter. They just had in Chris Hope and have a trio of other Vets lined up and Schulters has stated he wouldnt mind coming back either. Still it could become a need. The following are the Safeties we would look at.

1st
Ko Simpson S SC
Trade back: Darnell Bing S USC
trade back: Jason Allen S Ten
trade back: Donte Whitner S OSU

3rd
Daniel Bullucks S
Pat Watkins S
7th
Greg Threat S

OG is another need but that most likely wont be a 1st round need. If we dont sign someone I expect to see us seek out a guard in the 4th round as a project player or perhaps in the 7th (we have 2 picks there). It is something you can find later on in the draft.

WR isnt a huge need but we can add more depth to there for the team. I wouldnt be surprised to see us add one if it comes up as BPA in the 3rd or 4th.
3rd round Demetrius Williams sticks out to me if he slips to there.

OLB
CB
S
RG

then
WR

I hope jimmy williams falls to us

Back
Top Bottom