Miami gets #6 pick in 4th and #21 pick in 5th rounds from GB. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami gets #6 pick in 4th and #21 pick in 5th rounds from GB.

again, get your facts right before you complain, or have you had too much beerz?

erralyn said:
Terrible terrible terrible. We start off with a 1st, a 3rd, a 4th, a 5th, 2 6ths, and a 7. We're supposed to be happy that Spielman turned that into a 1st, a 4th, a 5th, 2 6ths, and a 7th?

So at the end of the day, we trade our 3rd and 4th for a 4th and 5th. I don't know you guys, but that's a DOWNGRADE to me.

actually its like this:

1st V.C. (*person not viet cong)
2nd Wade Smith last year
3rd traded for 4th and 5th this year, great value trade
4a traded for V.C. either a "doah!!" or a glad the vikes and pats didn't get him, and the dolphins had him ranked higer the Andrews!!!
4b Picked up from packers which by the way is a lot closer to the front of the round then 4a.
5a Junior Seau - trade
5b -picked up from packers
6th
7a
7b

Last edited by a moderator:
Erralyn...we started the day with a 1st, 3rd, 4th, 6th and 2-7th rounders...we moved up one spot in the first and gave up the the 4th...We trade our 3rd for a 4th and a 5th...so now we have a 4th, 5th, 6th, and 2-7th picks...we can get some quality there and if we do get a P.K. Sam and DT and then some STers, we come out looking ok...I am not a fan of parlaying your upper round picks for extra lower round picks, but this is the route RS has chosen after tomorrow, we can scrutinize his picks....I like the Carey pick...lets wait and see what happens....

I'm judging the draft by the draft. I see what we had going in..and we came out with less as far as I'm concerned. If I had a choice between the last pick in the first round and the entire 7th round...I'm taking the 1st round pick, every time.

Let's get a grip people...

1. Vernon Carey was clearly one of three guys they wanted...and a guy New England obviously wanted.
2. Trading a 4th to ensure we got him is not preferrable, but in reality think of the alternative and how much you would be *****ing then.
3. The trade out of the third round...at least so far is a great move...
Matt Ware...are you kidding me...not a huge fan...and honestly I'd prefer Demorrio Williams, Will Allen, P.K. Sam, and Sopoaga...
now if they go off the board, maybe I'd reconsider the trade, but honestly right now it looks like a good move.
4. You can't compare what you started out with as compared to what you have now because you still have to turn those picks into players.
5. If we don't make that deal with Minnesota...we could easily be looking at not addressing a hole that just flat out needed to be addressed when we missed on Tait and Woody.
6. If even Pete Prisco likes our draft, then what the heck are we complaining about? :lol:

how did we not come out a least even?

erralyn said:
I'm judging the draft by the draft. I see what we had going in..and we came out with less as far as I'm concerned. If I had a choice between the last pick in the first round and the entire 7th round...I'm taking the 1st round pick, every time.

No, really how did we not come out even? we use a 1st and 4th to trade up to pick one guy that outside of andrews and gallary (sp) that could start for us, and on more then one place on the line. IF we didn't trade up we would've lost him. Period. Fact.

later we trade pick 86 for the 6th pick of round 4, and get a 5th round pick.

so at the end of the day we have picked up one pick and moved up in a very important round to this team. It seems like this team does pretty darn well in the 4th.

either we broke even or we got ahead, the facts prove we didn't regress.

I don't agree that Carey was worth that high of a 1st AND our 4th. And I'm not convinced he wouldn't have been there later. I DO NOT TRUST OTHER TEAMS. They are competing against us and would love to screw us out of a 4th with out and out lies. That whole thing may have been a scheme by the Pats to make us cough up a 4th, I wouldn't put it past them to abuse our FO like that.

how did we not come out a least even?

erralyn said:

No, really how did we not come out even? we use a 1st and 4th to trade up to pick one guy that outside of andrews and gallary (sp) that could start for us, and on more then one place on the line. IF we didn't trade up we would've lost him. Period. Fact.

later we trade pick 86 for the 6th pick of round 4, and get a 5th round pick.

so at the end of the day we have picked up one pick and moved up in a very important round to this team. It seems like this team does pretty darn well in the 4th.

either we broke even or we got ahead, the facts prove we didn't regress.

Prime Time said:
First people complain about not having a second. Then about not having a 4th. Now that we trade for a 4th and 5th, people are upset about trading away our 3rd round pick. It is a lose-lose situation for Wanny-Spiel.

I don't think so, PT, for all that's worth :cooldude:
~~Holli

erralyn said:
Terrible terrible terrible. We start off with a 1st, a 3rd, a 4th, a 5th, 2 6ths, and a 7. We're supposed to be happy that Spielman turned that into a 1st, a 4th, a 5th, 2 6ths, and a 7th?

So at the end of the day, we trade our 3rd and 4th for a 4th and 5th. I don't know you guys, but that's a DOWNGRADE to me.

Once you get to the 3rd round it becomes a trap shoot, so a 3 is like a 5 in that respect..why not get 2 for 1. :D

I love this trade and here's why....
You have as just a good of a chance of finding a quality NFL player in the 3rd round as you do in the 4th or 5th. So what the dolphins just did was increase their odds of finding a quality player that can evolve into a great player. It's possible that neither their 4th or 5th tomorrow will even make the team, but I much rather like the possibility of having 2 players to gamble on their potential rather than just one.

Back
Top Bottom