Miami Heat Franchise | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Heat Franchise

2 Pistolz said:
Stoudemire? Sorry, but nobody was gonna take the kid at #1. He was projected 5-13 from day 1, and went #9.

C'mon, man - what's the point of arguing this? He was picked one spot ahead of the spot in which Miami picked.

NaboCane said:
C'mon, man - what's the point of arguing this? He was picked one spot ahead of the spot in which Miami picked.

Yeah, but Riley wouldn't of drafted him at #9 either. Riley's guy was Caron Butler from day 1. He was quoted saying that if Caron was there past #5 for any team it should be a "no brainer." If we drafted Stoudemire, he would've been traded by the end of the night...

Miami isn't that unlucky. We were extremely lucky to land Dwyane Wade at #5, when guys like Carmelo Anthony, Darko Milicic, & Chris Bosh were all drafted ahead with the idea of developing into much better players than Wade. Hell, I looked at Wade as a Steve Francis type player...in his second year, he's already a far better player.

SHAQ is the most dominating player in the league still if you can get him the ball!

I lost all respect for ZO when he cried his way out of Toronto after they picked him up when trading Vince Carter away. I still think hes a great player and everything but when hes talking about how hes hurt and he doesn't want to take the risk of playing in Toronto and then when it comes time to buy him out all of a sudden hes healthy and hes showing up at Heat games.:mad:

Im a Raptors fan and I wanted Wade going into the draft and it pissed me off knowing that Miami was going to pick him up right after Raptors let him pass by for Bosh. I'm not complaining Bosh is a great player but Wade proved to be the better pick.

wazzy said:
Im a Raptors fan and I wanted Wade going into the draft and it pissed me off knowing that Miami was going to pick him up right after Raptors let him pass by for Bosh. I'm not complaining Bosh is a great player but Wade proved to be the better pick.

Yeah, Wade is in his own class.....but Bosh is a hell of a player and IMO, will be a superstar in the future and an All-Star next year.

MikeO said:
Not anymore! That statement is more myth than reality.

When he's healthy, name one man who can stop him. Hell, Larry Brown said they couldn't guard him with a bum leg.

Back
Top Bottom