Miami in the Superbowl? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami in the Superbowl?

Dreads-4-Prez

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Do you guys think that the only way the Dolphins could get to a Superbowl is if they had home field advantage throughout the entire play-offs?

I saw an interview on TV where Jimmy Johnson was talking about how hard it is for a team like Miami to be tough at the end of the year when it's cold. He basically said that the Dolphins have the advantage early in the year when it's so hot in Miami, which is why they usually start off so strong, and a huge disadvantage late in the year, which is why they have been so bad.

Makes sense ~ what do you guys think?

I think those women in your sig pic are hot.

Oh yeah....football.....ummm, I'd have to agree with Jimmy on that.

Originally posted by Scrappy
I think those women in your sig pic are hot.

Oh yeah....football.....ummm, I'd have to agree with Jimmy on that.

If I were President, I would pass a bill that all pro sport officials must look like this.
:D

all i want to know is when are we going to get our home games against the pats and bills early in the year we always go up there late nov and dec.why? lets turn it around and see how we fare.for years that is the way it has been.maybe thats our super bowl road

I would agree on the hotties, however I don't agree with JJ. He said he'd get it done and couldn't. Just because he couldn't get it done doesn't mean someone else can't. The games over the last few years in the cold and snow were lost because of mental breakdowns and getting outplayed.

Originally posted by tenndolfan4ever
all i want to know is when are we going to get our home games against the pats and bills early in the year we always go up there late nov and dec.why? lets turn it around and see how we fare.for years that is the way it has been.maybe thats our super bowl road

Good Damn point

Originally posted by RICKHURD
Do you guys think that the only way the Dolphins could get to a Superbowl is if they had home field advantage throughout the entire play-offs?

I saw an interview on TV where Jimmy Johnson was talking about how hard it is for a team like Miami to be tough at the end of the year when it's cold. He basically said that the Dolphins have the advantage early in the year when it's so hot in Miami, which is why they usually start off so strong, and a huge disadvantage late in the year, which is why they have been so bad.

Makes sense ~ what do you guys think?

umm no, look at last year's champ. they had the same problem as the Fins with the cold issue. And if you look back last year a few weeks before the playoffs, there were plenty of sports writers pretty much writing off the Bucs because Greenbay had locked up homefield advantage and supposedly the bucs could not win in the cold in Philly in January. So I disagree, I think it's more mental and proper preperation. If he said that Miami wouldn't do any damage because of mental toughness or lack there of or preperation, then I would have to agree.

Re: Re: Miami in the Superbowl?

Originally posted by rhadaddy

umm no, look at last year's champ. they had the same problem as the Fins with the cold issue. And if you look back last year a few weeks before the playoffs, there were plenty of sports writers pretty much writing off the Bucs because Greenbay had locked up homefield advantage and supposedly the bucs could not win in the cold in Philly in January. So I disagree, I think it's more mental and proper preperation. If he said that Miami wouldn't do any damage because of mental toughness or lack there of or preperation, then I would have to agree.

That was a huge deal when Tampa won in Green Bay.

Before that, didn't Green Bay have a crazy winning streak for home games where the temperature was below like 35 degrees, or something like that? The temperature must a have at least something to do with it.

Re: Re: Re: Miami in the Superbowl?

Originally posted by RICKHURD

That was a huge deal when Tampa won in Green Bay.

Before that, didn't Green Bay have a crazy winning streak for home games where the temperature was below like 35 degrees, or something like that? The temperature must a have at least something to do with it.

Tell that to the Falcons. Went up to GB last year and put an end to that. And they're a dome team.

Until the Marlins have their own place, you won't see any change in the scheduling of the Fins traveling to the divisional foes late in the year. Why? Because if the Marlins make the playoffs and have a home game scheduled for a Sunday that the Fins play a divisional rival at home, then it can be changed to play in NE, Buf, or NY.

Fins fans keep bitching about how the team always has to travel in the cold...but how do you think other teams feel, like the Vikings, Seahawks, Pats, etc....northern teams......have to travel into Tampa, Arizona, or Miami, in September and October? I'd much rather play in 20 degrees and get myself warm than play in Arizona where it's sometimes over 100 on the field, or in Miami where it feels like the air is actually water due to the humidity.

So, basically...quit your bitching!

Originally posted by tenndolfan4ever

League officials consider it an advantage for the Dolphins to play in Miami in the summer and advantage for the northeast teams to play at home in the winter. The unfair part of this is that all the teams in our division are northeast teams except us. So we end up playing more games in the cold than we'd like.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Miami in the Superbowl?

Originally posted by angryphin

Tell that to the Falcons. Went up to GB last year and put an end to that. And they're a dome team.

Mike Vick isn't human, though. That's not fair.

Originally posted by dusty_hog

Fins fans keep bitching about how the team always has to travel in the cold...but how do you think other teams feel, like the Vikings, Seahawks, Pats, etc....northern teams......have to travel into Tampa, Arizona, or Miami, in September and October? I'd much rather play in 20 degrees and get myself warm than play in Arizona where it's sometimes over 100 on the field, or in Miami where it feels like the air is actually water due to the humidity.

So, basically...quit your bitching!

I agree, until the Marlins are out we've nothing to complain about.
However the NFL does take precautions when scheduling in hot weather cities. The only early Miami game at 1pm was the opener and the other games were night games and at 4pm. I think that was how it went this year. A lot of the advantage was negated. Keep in mind the death of Korey Stringer is still on everyones mind and that the NFL considers the health risk of playing in the heat but doesn't consider playing in the cold as a health risk.

Back
Top Bottom