Miami might trade no. 2 overall pick? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami might trade no. 2 overall pick?

KB21 said:
It isn't enough. Washington doesn't have a 2nd this year anyway, but that deal still isn't enough to get this pick. You have to take into account that for this draft, a first next year is worth a 2nd this year. A first and two seconds definitely isn't enough to drop down 7 spots. Detroit got a 1st and a 2nd last year for dropping down just one spot, and it was only for the 6th pick.

I agree that its not enough in terms of market "alue" KB. However, its still a fair starting point for trade discussion. Its not too far off from a more substantial, concrete offer. throw in a third/fourth round pick and its a very intriguing deal.

''There is a level of compensation that may make it more attractive not to pick there,'' Saban said. ``But we don't control that. It's not like we can just dial it up and do what we want to do. Somebody has got to want to do that as well. So when you ask me what we're going to do, we're going to do what's best from a long-term value orientation for this organization.''

The man is just too intelligent to leave it at "No comment." :lol:

footballer said:
tampa, or arizona perhaps.
yeah.. i agree that they are the only teams that would nab him...

I still think he'll make it to #9.

Saben better not trade out of that pick.Its a bad move when this is the worst draft in years.We might get a #2 for Surtain.Stay put.We dont need all the picks.1,2,3,4,5,7 is good enough.What you wanna do move down 5 slots and get a 2nd pick and a 3rd.No way its a gamble.Just take Braylon Edwards.Done.

Getting 2 second rounders (or a 2nd this year and a first next year) seems like fair compensation in this draft to move down yet stay in the top ten selections. I'd be very happy withh it in fact...

finsnchips said:
if we move down to #9, we get their first and second this year and their first next - at least... that probably isn't even enough

According to most experts that is way overpaying for this years draft.
:cooldude:

allred65 said:
According to most experts that is way overpaying for this years draft.
:cooldude:
apparently so... i wouldn't take any less.

Back
Top Bottom