Miami Mock Draft | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Mock Draft

Jaj said:
McPherson is a mid-2nd right now...

Yea I know, its wishful thinking that teams might pass on him, but I've been saying for months now he will end up going in the second. Just wishful thinking on my part.

we will be getting ronnie brown so this thread doesnt even make sence.

I would definitely not mind the second one at all, except for one thing. I don't feel the need to draft another interior lineman anymore. The only position I'd want to even draft anyone at would be as a project LT.

Theanswer385 said:

Why do you automatically assume that. I hope you realize Ronnie Brown isn't God's gift to the world when it comes to RBs. Edge and Ricky were way better prospects and even they weren't selected at #2...

Theanswer385 said:

You could be very disappointed come draft day! You got your hopes way to high, unless you know Nick personally!

I doubt brown will be at #2 now...saban will either draft a qb or trade down now...he doesnt really feel any rb should be taken at #2 when there are rbs just as good in the second and third...{Marion Barber is just as good as any back in the draft with out a doubt}

Also Saban has already said the difference between him and many coaches is people draft for need...but you cant draft for need when your picking #2...you have to draft the player that will best help your franchise for 10 years

So Saban will probobly take Alex Smith QB Utah

Buddwalk said:
I doubt brown will be at #2 now...saban will either draft a qb or trade down now...he doesnt really feel any rb should be taken at #2 when there are rbs just as good in the second and third...{Marion Barber is just as good as any back in the draft with out a doubt}

Also Saban has already said the difference between him and many coaches is people draft for need...but you cant draft for need when your picking #2...you have to draft the player that will best help your franchise for 10 years

So Saban will probobly take Alex Smith QB Utah

I have no problem with him doing that. I think Smith is a playmaker. He's like Chad Pennington with a slightly better arm, and MUCHO mobility...

Jaj said:
I have no problem with him doing that. I think Smith is a playmaker. He's like Chad Pennington with a slightly better arm, and MUCHO mobility...

actually people say smith has a weak arm...i heard he can launch the ball nearly 70 yards...just at utah he didnt have to, Pennington on the other hand cant launch a ball over 50 yards...but hes probobly the 2nd or 3rd most accurate qb in the league always has like 66% completion ratio a year or something like that

People were raving bout Byron Leftwichs and Carson Palmers arms when they came out of college...well i seen them at the qb competition last year and there farthest throw was like 68 yards...so smiths got a pretty good arm

Buddwalk said:
actually people say smith has a weak arm...i heard he can launch the ball nearly 70 yards...just at utah he didnt have to, Pennington on the other hand cant launch a ball over 50 yards...but hes probobly the 2nd or 3rd most accurate qb in the league always has like 66% completion ratio a year or something like that

People were raving bout Byron Leftwichs and Carson Palmers arms when they came out of college...well i seen them at the qb competition last year and there farthest throw was like 68 yards...so smiths got a pretty good arm

I'd qualify Smith's arm to atleast be Brady's arm strength. Everyone knows that Brady's increased his arm strength since he's joined the league. Smith is only 20!!! The man can still get stronger.

Jaj said:
I'd qualify Smith's arm to atleast be Brady's arm strength. Everyone knows that Brady's increased his arm strength since he's joined the league. Smith is only 20!!! The man can still get stronger.

oh yeah forgot he doesnt turn 21 til like end of the year or something like that...which is awesome

Buddwalk said:
oh yeah forgot he doesnt turn 21 til like end of the year or something like that...which is awesome

It's great. I don't like it when a QB enters kinda old like Palmer did in 03. It's always much better to have a guy really young because it gives less of a timeline to rush the kid into starting.

Smith could sit out his first year, and even his 2nd. In his third year he'd only be 22 turning 23 late in the year. So by the time he's gotten three years of NFL experience under his belt he's still only 23!!! :eek:

Jaj said:
It's great. I don't like it when a QB enters kinda old like Palmer did in 03. It's always much better to have a guy really young because it gives less of a timeline to rush the kid into starting.

Smith could sit out his first year, and even his 2nd. In his third year he'd only be 22 turning 23 late in the year. So by the time he's gotten three years of NFL experience under his belt he's still only 23!!! :eek:

oldest qb i've ever seen enter the draft i think was Chris Weinke he was like 29 and hes like 33 or 34 now which is like the end of a qbs career...but thats not nessecarely a bad thing...Roger Staubach was 28 when he came into the league cause he was in the navy and he was an amazing qb

Buddwalk said:
oldest qb i've ever seen enter the draft i think was Chris Weinke he was like 29 and hes like 33 or 34 now which is like the end of a qbs career...but thats not nessecarely a bad thing...Roger Staubach was 28 when he came into the league cause he was in the navy and he was an amazing qb

Long Long Long time ago though. But your right.

Buddwalk said:
looks like were the only ones who chat in my mock draft thread...haha

Heh seems so...

PM me on some of your draft thoughts.

Back
Top Bottom