Miami Mock | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Mock

MiamiDolfan85

DA M.I.A IS WHERE I STAY
Reaction score
1.)Tremaine Edmunds, OLB out of Virginia Tech(6'5",236)

[Edmunds is awesome insurance for Raekwon in case he's slow coming to form, and needs time to be worked in early on. Should bring a great spark of youth and options for the unit.

However, should Raekwon be steady, simply plug Edmunds at SAM & keep him there. ]

2.)De'Shonn Elliot, FS out of Texas(6'2",210)

[Lots of people are coming on to Elliot. Im starting to see more and more 2nd grades out along with a sprinkle of late 1st.

Should Elliot be available at 42, it'd be justified as he's a top 50 player in this draft.]

3.)Troy Fumagalli, TE out of Wisconsin(6'5",247)
[This, imo, is really a top 2 need, but this draft is so defense stacked, a lot of good value offensive players might fall a few slots than they should.

Fumagalli might be an example.

Fav. TE in the draft. Looks like a Steeler, and we need those kinda drafts to compete in the AFC.]

4.)Jalyn Holmes, DE out of Ohio St.(6'3",276)
[Very nice sleeper find here in Holmes. Can play inside to, and is pretty damn good at collapsing the pocket. This pick should add as a solid edge setting rotational player, who can help this D in many ways.]

4b.)Riley Ferguson, QB out of Memphis(6'4",205)
[Reminds me of Rodgers in a way. Fav. QB prospect in the late 4th solid selection for where we stand in relation to Tannehill.]

6.)Myles Gaskin, RB out of Washington(5'9",193)

[Should do fine in a reserved role. Can do a lotta things well, but vision is probably his biggest asset.

Once he finds holes, he's quick to cut and go. Not a lot of playing around. Also, a patient runner who has shown he can catch too.]

7.)Cam Seringe, TE out of Wake Forest(6'3",255)

[Love his game. Has a shot at sticking with a strong showing in preseason.]

Strictly BPA

Looks good as long as we get some Oline in FA. I like Lauretta and white more than Furguson but I'm no expert

[Edmunds is awesome insurance for Raekwon in case he's slow coming to form, and needs time to be worked in early on. Should bring a great spark of youth and options for the unit.

However, should Raekwon be steady, simply plug Edmunds at SAM & keep him there. ]

[Lots of people are coming on to Elliot. Im starting to see more and more 2nd grades out along with a sprinkle of late 1st.

Should Elliot be available at 42, it'd be justified as he's a top 50 player in this draft.]

[This, imo, is really a top 2 need, but this draft is so defense stacked, a lot of good value offensive players might fall a few slots than they should.

Fumagalli might be an example.

Fav. TE in the draft. Looks like a Steeler, and we need those kinda drafts to compete in the AFC.]

[Very nice sleeper find here in Holmes. Can play inside to, and is pretty damn good at collapsing the pocket. This pick should add as a solid edge setting rotational player, who can help this D in many ways.]

[Reminds me of Rodgers in a way. Fav. QB prospect in the late 4th solid selection for where we stand in relation to Tannehill.]

[Should do fine in a reserved role. Can do a lotta things well, but vision is probably his biggest asset.

Once he finds holes, he's quick to cut and go. Not a lot of playing around. Also, a patient runner who has shown he can catch too.]

[Love his game. Has a shot at sticking with a strong showing in preseason.]

Strictly BPA

The more I look at the prospects, the more I gravitate to Edmunds. A big, physical OLB that can cover sideline to sideline . I think, if we can find a trade partner, we could even trade down and pick up some extra picks because I think his stock is in the last half of the 1st rd.
Elliott is a SS and not a FS and we already have two of them. We are in desperate need of an OG. Will Henandez(http://www.nfl.com/draft/2018/profiles/will-hernandez?id=2559828) would fit the bill at this spot. A mountain of a man with a nasty demeanor and good feet. Again, if we could trade down and pick up some draft picks, so much the better.
After Andrews, this TE class is - :meh We can wait till latter in the draft.
I like Holmes.
Good developmental QB
I would like a contrast to Drake, i.e. bigger more of a power RB. Say someone like Josh Adams(6-2 223), but you would have to pick him up earlier in the draft.
7th rd , so I am OK with it.

Last edited:
The more I look at the prospects, the more I gravitate to Edmunds. A big, physical OLB that can cover sideline to sideline . I think, if we can find a trade partner, we could even trade down and pick up some extra picks because I think his stock is in the last half of the 1st rd.
Elliott is a SS and not a FS and we already have two of them. We are in desperate need of an OG. Will Henandez(http://www.nfl.com/draft/2018/profiles/will-hernandez?id=2559828) would fit the bill at this spot. A mountain of a man with a nasty demeanor and good feet. Again, if we could trade down and pick up some draft picks, so much the better.
After Andrews, this TE class is - :meh We can wait till latter in the draft.
I like Holmes.
Good developmental QB
I would like a contrast to Drake, i.e. bigger more of a power RB. Say someone like Josh Adams(6-2 223), but you would have to pick him up earlier in the draft.
7th rd , so I am OK with it.

Disagree about your takes on tight ends. Hayden Hurst, Mark Andrews, Goedert, and Gesicki are all quality tight ends, along with Fumagalli.

I believe Elliot can play either S due to his physicality but he does have range to play FS.

I’d like this from, the guys i know. Not sure which TE is best. Def need some OL somewhere though

Disagree about your takes on tight ends. Hayden Hurst, Mark Andrews, Goedert, and Gesicki are all quality tight ends, along with Fumagalli.
I am not saying that they can't play in the league, only that I don't get excited when I see their tape. I just think that Andrews is more well rounded.

The TE group has a lot of quality options this year - it's just a matter of which you prefer for your scheme and if you need a blocker (Fumagalli) or not.

I only just starting doing my film work but Hayden Hurst impressed me athletically....he's much quicker than i expected. It was the first thing that stood out comparing his tapes to Andrews/Gesicki. Just not sure how i feel about him being 24 already (25 in August).

I am not saying that they can't play in the league, only that I don't get excited when I see their tape. I just think that Andrews is more well rounded.

Of the top 5, Andrews was probably asked to block the least of any of them. Give me Goedert or Hurst over him.

Doesn't seem to be much in free agency at the tight end position. I like Tyler Eifert, but he's struggled to stay healthy and Miami has too many of those guys on the roster. Philly has an interesting backup. Can't remember his name.

As to the draft, I think the team looks as early as the 2nd round for a tight end. Andrews or Goedert could be in play there.

I am a Penn State fan, saw every PSU game this year minus one- Gesiki is a stud. I'd take him starting in the 3rd.

Looks like a great Mock and would hit many areas of need. I think Riley Ferguson is a QB with a lot of upside. I have only seen a few Memphis games, but the tape I have seen on him looks good. I like his swagger.

Back
Top Bottom