Miami Offense 2006 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Offense 2006

Rich

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
This year's offense seems much worse than last year. In fact it has been historically bad.

If the season ended today, this would be the 3rd worst offense in franchise history, only better than the first 2 expansion years.

Unless Miami can score 49 points in the last two games(21+28=49)(Jets and Colts)... it will end up being the worst dolphins offense in a quarter-century (1980). Any thoughts on why we are so bad?
Year PPG
2006 16.3
2004 17.2
1980 16.6
1969 16.6
1967 15.6
1966 15.2

2005 19.9

ps. 15 points scored in the last 2 games combined will make this the worst offense in Miami History.

two words - Offensive Coordinator, and another 2 words - Quarter Back(is that two words?)
anyway, when youre doin end arounds every other play and have a quarterback who is jittery in the pocket, you have the fixings of a terrible offense...oh and i forget to mention our offensive line, because they are just offensive

Rich said:
Any thoughts on why we are so bad?

1. OL - Other than being neglected for years, the current group of stiffs we have up front, are among the NFL's worst starting units. Anytime you fail to convert on 3rd / 4th and 1, and lose games because you can't sustain drives, you need to look no further than the trenches. Our OL plays about as soft as they come when running the football....

2. Overhype - We were way too overhyped this off-season, and I think the talk got to a lot of players ego's / head's. Wasn't it Chambers who was doing all of the "Super Bowl" talk this off-season?? Yeah, and then how does he back it up??...with his worst season ever. Thanks Chris, by the way, you suck....

All the Culpepper hype didn't help matters either. The media, and so called experts were praising the addition of Culpepper when he was on his way back to becoming the starter. How quickly that all changed once he made his first start at home, against the Bills in only week two....

I think instead of buying into all the hype every season, and expecting unrealistic things just because we're the mighty Dolphins, it's time we started calling this team what they are, and that's the worst team in the division right now....

PHINZ RULE!!!

BLITZKRIEG said:
I think instead of buying into all the hype every season, and expecting unrealistic things just because we're the mighty Dolphins, it's time we started calling this team what they are, and that's the worst team in the division right now....

You've been the worst team in the division for a lot longer than just "right now"... and unfortunately for you guys it looks as though you will be the worst for the foreseeable future...

Jets 31, Dolphins 13

2005 Team W-L
New England 10-6
Miami 9-7
Buffalo 5-11
N.Y. Jets 4-12

You've been the worst team in the division for a lot longer than just "right now"... and unfortunately for you guys it looks as though you will be the worst for the foreseeable future...

The Jets have finished a season with more wins than Miami four times out of the last thirty seven years.

Again, that's 4 out of 37. Beyond pathetic.

Might want to double check those facts, New Jersey.

Tanginius said:

Jets 31, Dolphins 13

Read post 6 and then go away.

yeah, you try having 4 starting QBs and 5 QBs play a season (on top of losing LT and C, plus RB, CB, LB, DE, etc) and see how you do

muscle979 said:
Read post 6 and then go away.

True true... but when is the last time the Dolphins were actually a good team?

Rich said:
2005 Team W-L
New England 10-6
Miami 9-7
Buffalo 5-11
N.Y. Jets 4-12

The Jets have won the AFC East a lousy three times in their long, sad history.

That is incredible futility.

njFinsForever said:
two words - Offensive Coordinator, and another 2 words - Quarter Back(is that two words?)
anyway, when youre doin end arounds every other play and have a quarterback who is jittery in the pocket, you have the fixings of a terrible offense...oh and i forget to mention our offensive line, because they are just offensive

We were way too overhyped going into the season to the point that everyone failed to see just how much rebuilding we still had to go. IMO we still could have made the playoffs if we had a good QB. Chambers might have had his drops still but at least we would have thrown the ball his way. Look at the Jets who are doing more with less because they have a leader on offense. They have a leader who knows where to go with the ball and because of that they are having a successfull year. That being said i hope we kick the crap out of them and derail any chances they have of making the playoffs.

Sounds like our 2004 season. I could give you the laundry list of injuries that year, but I think you get the point.

Based on Wins and Losses... it is clear that Miami has declined this year.... and the Jets have improved.

Tanginius said:
yeah, you try having 4 starting QBs and 5 QBs play a season (on top of losing LT and C, plus RB, CB, LB, DE, etc) and see how you do

Rich said:
This year's offense seems much worse than last year. In fact it has been historically bad.

If the season ended today, this would be the 3rd worst offense in franchise history, only better than the first 2 expansion years.

Unless Miami can score 49 points in the last two games(21+28=49)(Jets and Colts)... it will end up being the worst dolphins offense in a quarter-century (1980). Any thoughts on why we are so bad?
Year PPG
2006 16.3
2004 17.2
1980 16.6
1969 16.6
1967 15.6
1966 15.2

2005 19.9

ps. 15 points scored in the last 2 games combined will make this the worst offense in Miami History.

What do you expect your offense to look like when you have Mike Moolarkey calling plays for your overrated, no talent players like Ronnie Brown and Chris Chambers?

Harrington is a very nice #2 QB to have.

Sadly, he's not the longterm answer.

Back
Top Bottom