Miami players say publicly they're returning | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami players say publicly they're returning

SMadison29

What Sherman aspires to be
Reaction score
Canes’ juniors say no to draft… The Miami Herald is reporting that two of Miami’s best draft-eligible underclassmen are saying publicly that they have decided to return to school next season. Sophomore tight end Greg Olsen, who as a third-year soph is draft eligible in 2006, for example, is quoted as saying he is ''definitely going to come back'' to Miami next fall as he “enjoys being around here.'' Meanwhile, junior FS Brandon Meriweather told the Herald that he’s ''coming back. I'm having fun, and another year of college would be better for me.'' There’s also not much question now that Injured junior RB Tyrone Moss, who is out for the year with a torn ACL, will also will return next fall. Junior DT Baraka Atkins, though, said he hasn't yet thought about whether to turn pro. This week, as many as 50 NFL scouts from all 32 teams were at Miami watching game tape and attending practice for a couple of days as the Hurricanes. One player they didn’t see, though, was junior CB/KR Devin Hester who has been slowed by a hamstring injury.

meh none of them really stand out as pro prospects anyway. olsen needs to gain some weight

Meriweather does. In this weak safety class he could sneak into the late first early second. Olsen will be the top TE next year. Atkins is being hurt by being forced to play out of position at DT. His stock would be much better if he were at LDE.

miami's juniors usually don't declare if they're going to be a late 1st rounder/early 2nd. portis is the exception, but i think he thought he'd be much higher

kastofsna120 said:
miami's juniors usually don't declare if they're going to be a late 1st rounder/early 2nd. portis is the exception, but i think he thought he'd be much higher

Very true. Most of them do return. Roscoe left early too & was a 2nd rounder.

kastofsna120 said:
meh none of them really stand out as pro prospects anyway. olsen needs to gain some weight

What are you smoking dude Olsen's being hailed as the most complete tightend the U has ever had...Hes a 1st round lock when he comes out

Buddwalk said:
What are you smoking dude Olsen's being hailed as the most complete tightend the U has ever had...Hes a 1st round lock when he comes out
he needs to gain weight. period

kastofsna120 said:
he needs to gain weight. period

he is a bit thin, and his blocking could use some improvement.

Phishstix said:
he is a bit thin, and his blocking could use some improvement.

Kellen Winslow is a rail and hates blocking, but he went 6th overall.

RWhitney014 said:
Kellen Winslow is a rail and hates blocking, but he went 6th overall.
a rail????????? look at olsen. compare the two. winslow is THICK compared to olsen

Olsen needs to work on his game a bit more but whether he declares his Junior or Senior year he will probably be the #1 TE taken, possibly top ten. If Kyle Wright decides to stay for his Senior season, I think Olsen does as well, and vice versa.

Caps said:
Olsen needs to work on his game a bit more but whether he declares his Junior or Senior year he will probably be the #1 TE taken, possibly top ten. If Kyle Wright decides to stay for his Senior season, I think Olsen does as well, and vice versa.

They're both RS Sophomores so they have plenty of time to gain weight & improve their game to merit themselves being the #1 recruits at their respective position, & in Wright's case #1 overall recruit.

Back
Top Bottom