Miami Sign QB Joe Germaine | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Sign QB Joe Germaine

LOL a qb named Sheriff...time to crank the Marley tunes up... Baby Faced Joe Germaine the guy still gets carded if he doesnt buy a soda and gum at the store. The guy snt top notch , but is smart, and has been in some complex systems, he is just too damned nice to take a team to next level. Great #3 man, if he ever takes field it should be to hold ep attempts or hand it off.

I think Joe Germane has a definite shot of beating out Sage. I liked Germane as a college kid, but do not like him as a pro.

It was obvious for a while when Germane was with the Rams that Marc Bulger was better and Bulger was the guy sitting behind Germane. Joe just didn't seem comfortable, and to me anytime he plays he doesn't seem comfortable in the pocket. One of those guys who play well when things are slowed down but who can't handle the speed change of the NFL.

Then again its taken a lot of quarterbacks years to adjust to the speed change, the blitz factor, etc in the NFL and some made fine contributions later on....Tommy Maddox finally had the lights turn on for him after being drafted early like what 8 years ago. How long did it take Rich Gannon.

There's no reason to discount the possibility of Germane beating Sage in training camp. May the best QB win. For now, he's insurance in case something incredibly weird and unexpected happens with Griese, I agree with shane13 there.

Joe Germaine sucked both in the Rams and Bengals....dumb choice....and Why is P Mark Royals still here!?

Germaine is OK. I had decent hopes for him coming out of college but, what little I've seen of him in the pros, has caused me to sour on him as anything but a sheer emergency QB. I see this signing as insurance just in case Greise gets a better offer elsewhere. At least the 'Fins will have a full compliment of QB's sitting on the bench.

This is just an insurance policy in case that 2% chance Griese doesn't sign here comes true.

Sheriff & Blankenship were brought in to compete with Sage. The best man will stay as our 3rd stringer.

<<LOL a qb named Sheriff>>

It's not pronounced how you think. It's pronounced Shareef.

I don't think this story is accurate. Somebody signed Germaine, but I don't think it was the Fins.

I'm pretty sure it was us because this is the second place that I've read it.

Originally posted by SMadison29
This is just an insurance policy in case that 2% chance Griese doesn't sign here comes true.

Sheriff &amp; Blankenship were brought in to compete with Sage. The best man will stay as our 3rd stringer.

&lt;&lt;LOL a qb named Sheriff&gt;&gt;

It's not pronounced how you think. It's pronounced Shareef.

i like the pick up and i was thinking about it yesterday when he got cut. but i think he will be #4 in wanny's mind if he makes it to camp. these other two guys will get quick looks and then released unless they see something. germain helps them make there decisions easier. anyways, it should be all moot when griese or O donnell show up. aha! u forgot about o donnell huh! o donnell is our real emergency in case griese goes to arizona or somewhere.

I stand corrected. I went back and checked what I read, and it was about his waiver, not our picking him up. Hmmm. Not an incredibly sexy pickup.

I do not mind. I seriously would not be scared going into the season with Sage or Germaine as our #2. Both are strong leadership guys that can do their thing. Physically both are better than Fiedler and mentally they were established as strong leaders in college ball(actually that does mean more than you think, ryan leaf was not a leader in college or on the field, peyton was and is).

It really is not that hard when you have atleast three above average receivers, a good TE, FB, and offcourse Ricky Williams. I mean it is not like we need Dan Marino as our backup.

Back
Top Bottom