Miami sites Leadership as Key | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami sites Leadership as Key

I am surprised this isn't getting any response MD....I was going to bring the same article to the boards but, I saw you beat me to it.....I think this leadership thing will turn out to be one of the biggest parts of our season. This game is played by a bunch of over grown boys, who go from poor to rich in the blink of an eye. With the money and the fame come distractions from every angle. Which, in a league full of parity, the slightest lack of focus can lead to a loss on Sunday.

The Patriots took a team with good talent and put it in the Super Bowl because they understood that it is all about focussing on the task at hand and not letting outside influences take your eyes off the prize.

We have that kind of leadership on this team and it makes me more and more confident that we are doing everything possible to reach the ultimate goal of Super Bowl Champion, MIAMI DOLPHINS.

I hear ya Infin..I thought this was something we should read not just for the dolphins but you own lives..In life there are ups and downs..and you need to learn to remain on an even keel..I think the team has learned from their past and are well suited to the task at hand this year...Here's hoping that this is really a special season...

Originally posted by inFINSible
We have that kind of leadership on this team and it makes me more and more confident that we are doing everything possible to reach the ultimate goal of Super Bowl Champion, MIAMI DOLPHINS.

You know for years and years we've had this or that something that was finally going to take us back down the SB road. And while each year, all those somethings were different, they all turned into the same thing: September mirages. This year really actually seems different though (oh how I hope I don't regret saying that). This year there seems to be the right mix of youth and leadership that can actually change the overall rollercoaster mentality that the dolphins have had for so long. Ending the utterly ridiculous Jets hex was a good sign, dealing with wins in a completly professional matter is another. With as many overcoming adversity stories as the team has, it also seems like they will handle any losses with the same confident, lack of panic, take care of business approach that all good winners exhibit. The next two weeks are so very pivital for providing a clearer picture of this team's pysche: how we handle a trap game against an inferior but under-rated foe and how we handle the pressure of a "showdown".

I see some positive outcomes from these games and I too am getting more and more confident in hoping for more. Expectations finally aren't going to be a bad thing....

Oh, and I just got to add, again, how great it is to be a dolphin fan here in NYC... :toliet:Jets

It's funny,32yrfinfan.....we wouldn't be where we are now without all those september mirages....Some body has it in their sig...."what doesn't kill you makes you stronger."....that's this team.....we may have hated how our season has ended the last 5 years, but it has prepared us for this season because they KNOW where the traps are and they KNOW what it feels like to not be good enough and they KNOW time is short and they KNOW that the only way to get there is to TCB every Sunday, right down to each man on each and every play.

We had a team full of good young players, now we have experienced players, that are a team.

Back
Top Bottom