Miami to keep Ogunleye? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami to keep Ogunleye?

Disgustipate

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
Rosenhaus Speaks to Dolphins About Mare and Ogunleye
February 5th, 2004
The Miami Herald reports that the Dolphins have spoken to agent Drew Rosenhaus about possibly restructuring the contract of kicker Olindo Mare, who will cost the team approximately $2.5 million against the cap next season.

The deal includes a base salary of $1.85 million, which can be reduced. The rest of the contract is in prorated signing bonus, which can't be reduced. Rosenhaus said it was too early to tell what would happen, but Mare hopes to remain a Dolphin.

Drew Rosenhaus said he has also had talks with the team about a new contract for defensive end Adewale Ogunleye. He said the Dolphins said they will probably make an offer before Ogunleye becomes a restricted free agent in March, ``but didn't make any promises.''

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/7878321.htm

naturally theyll make an offer, but it's likely hell test the market anyway and get a better one.

It is no secret that the team would like to keep Ogun. Heck a proven good de in this league is good. Esp being that he is pretty young. Now whether we can afford the $$$ that he wants.... That is a totally different story.

Hey he says he wants JT $, so lets just restructure JT to a lower $ then sign him to that! LOL - I know, not possible. Just fun to say.

Originally posted by Oboy
Hey he says he wants JT $, so lets just restructure JT to a lower $ then sign him to that! LOL - I know, not possible. Just fun to say.

Very creative ;)

Of course its creative...it was a statement made from a FinsFan!!!

JT $$$ huh...I doubt the Fins would be able to offer him that kind of $$$...we'll see!!!

Go Fins!!!

Given this years draft I say let him go for the picks if he gets some decent offers. We need to get younger and cheaper. With the depth of this draft I like the timing of Wally's performance and contract timing.

Well, Ogun is young but I agree, 2 picks this year and get some defensive help in the draft later in the rounds. Next year we should have some good picks again to keep getting younger.

I really can't see Ogun staying. I think we take the Patriots approach and stockpile draft picks. By doing what they do, we are able to sustain long term stability by integrating young players into our system.

Originally posted by Oboy

He want's Justin Timerlake $$$$??????? Hell Justin wouldn't make very much in the NFL. Tell him we will let him feel Janet's Boob. :lol:

I thought for sure The Prince was out of here, but after knowing the Dolphins are going to attempt to sign him, I wouldn't be surprised if we are able to keep him. Wanny's philosophy has always been to re-sign his own first and keep the core together. If the rest of the defense gives money up, mabye they find a way to get him back. You can't ignore 24 sacks in two years with 63% coming in year two showing growth and potential. I know one thing I am a big fan of the prince and have been waiting for a long term deal since last season so I can get his jersey. I do not want to see him go, even though that first rounder is so clutch.

People on this board have been assuming that we will just let Ogunleye go and take the first rounder. I think that if he becomes a free agent and then gets an offer that we can afford to match, we will match it. A first rounder is not guaranteed to have success in the NFL, but we already know what Ogunleye can do.

What does he need anymore money for isnt he already a prince too. I mean come on he should be happy to just live in a city like Miami i hope if he leaves he gets stuck somewhere like Green Bay where it is cold and nothing to do.

Arizona won't go after him when we tender him the first. If they do, don't even wait the full 7 days...just say here ya go. Thanks for Ben.

Originally posted by KATSKAN
I thought for sure The Prince was out of here, but after knowing the Dolphins are going to attempt to sign him, I wouldn't be surprised if we are able to keep him. Wanny's philosophy has always been to re-sign his own first and keep the core together. If the rest of the defense gives money up, mabye they find a way to get him back. You can't ignore 24 sacks in two years with 63% coming in year two showing growth and potential. I know one thing I am a big fan of the prince and have been waiting for a long term deal since last season so I can get his jersey. I do not want to see him go, even though that first rounder is so clutch.
welcome to the board katskan!;)

Back
Top Bottom