Miami vs Denver | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami vs Denver

KenCalo

Practice Squad
Reaction score
First let's just say Miami wins tonight. This will again tie the Broncos and Dolphins at 9-5. (with Denver winning the tie breaker)

Two games to go...
Miami of course has the easier road (my opinion)
@ Buffalo
vs NY Jets

Denver has to face...
@ Colts (playing for division and/or bye)
@ Packers (could be playing for division and/or bye)

If both win out or goes 1-1, Denver wins the playoff spot. & my opinion the more deserving (not better) team won.

Now, if Miami loses tonight they will have to win out and hope Denver loses both of their games.

I hope the Dolphins win out these last three games, and Denver loses one. As it stands now Miami would play @ Indy, and we all know how the Colts & Dungy tend to not show in the playoffs. This would be a playoff game we could win, but I'm not confident right now as how much further we would get.

Fin-Fans - let's all hope the Dolphins start playing like the paper reads. No more time to say, "We’re working on it & we'll get better"! THE PLAYOFFS START TONIGHT!:fire:

Our last two games are going to be hard to win. Indy has had our number for a couple years now. To go in there and play on turf with our weakish secondary is going to be difficult to win. If Portis is out, damn near impossible. Green Bay can go either way, but I wouldn't be surprised if we lost both the next two games. That's why we play the games though.

Originally posted by Perry1977
If Portis is out, damn near impossible.

It's a real blow to you guys with Portis hurting his knee,, a sprain I believe. That makes the Broncos late season push that much more difficult. I for one am glad he was healthy when you guys played the Chiefs. Thanks for you help, and here's to a speedy recovery for Portis!:drinkers:

Arent we forgetting about the loser of the AFC North, whoever doesnt win that division, Baltimore/Cincinnati, where do they fall in this picture, both of them are 8-6 right now...

Originally posted by ultimateFINFAN
Arent we forgetting about the loser of the AFC North, whoever doesnt win that division, Baltimore/Cincinnati, where do they fall in this picture, both of them are 8-6 right now...

Whoever wins the division is in, whoever loses is probably out.
Most likely won't even have a chance at a wild card.

I'd still think Denver gets in if there's a 3-way tie. The first tiebreaker is conference record and Denver has the best since they've got 8 wins and the 'Fins, Ravens, and Bengals can't reach that total in their remaining games.

Baltimore does own a head-to-head win over Denver so they would go over the Broncos if only those two were tied.

If Denver loses their last two and it comes down to just Miami and Baltimore, then the 'Fins go with the head-to-head win.

Miami and Cincy would depend on how the 'Fins last two AFC games turn out.

Denver would go over Cincy if they're tied, since they've got a head-to-head win over them.

Of course one of Cincy and Baltimore won't matter since the division winner is in, Cincy has the tiebreaker over Baltimore too.

BTW, portis..........

The word is that Clinton Portis will miss the indy game and will be limited in the green bay game.

The mri results are not back though.

this is a discussion for tomorrow if the Phins beat Philly; otherwise, no one will be seriously thinking playoffs because of the tiebreakers

Originally posted by Section126
BTW, portis..........

The word is that Clinton Portis will miss the indy game and will be limited in the green bay game.

The mri results are not back though.

Missing the Indy game was pretty much a given. I know the team doesn't think there is any ligament damage from the initial tests they did on the sideline and after the game. Of course that could change when the MRI results get back.

Miami's game tonight will determine if it matters or not. If they lose, I don't see them overtaking Denver for that last wildcard spot. If they do win tonight, I'd bet they're the team that gets in.

Originally posted by cportis26

Missing the Indy game was pretty much a given. I know the team doesn't think there is any ligament damage from the initial tests they did on the sideline and after the game. Of course that could change when the MRI results get back.

Miami's game tonight will determine if it matters or not. If they lose, I don't see them overtaking Denver for that last wildcard spot. If they do win tonight, I'd bet they're the team that gets in.

I agree completely.

Back
Top Bottom