Miami's All-Time roster

won't make a whole team but
louis oliver
dan marino
mark clayton and duper
dwight stephenson
reggie roby
and johny o would be on my list
honorable mention to lamar smith - my nomination for most under-rated dolphin player

Add -

OL = Jim Langer, Norm Evans
DL = Bill Stanfill, Bob Baumhower
LB = Mike Kolen, AJ Duhe
CB = Curtis Johnson, Lloyd Munford
S = Jake Scott, Dick Anderson

dolfanattic5 said:
pete stoyanovich is the all time best kicker for the dolphins but i wanted to kill him when he hit the upright to advance to the superbowl against the 49ers

Yeah, that pissed me off too, but had he made the kick and the Dolphins ended up winning that game, it would have only put us in the AFC Championship game against Pittsburgh, not the Super Bowl.

Also, I cannot believe I saw someone put Eric Green on their all time list at TE. The guy played one year in Miami, and was an out of shape bust. Hunter Goodwin had a more distinguished career in Miami, as sad as it sounds.

Marv Flemming was one of the better Miami Tight ends and Jim Langer was a great Center, maybe not a Dwight Stephenson but still a great Center

CaptainK said:
Pete never played against the 49ers in the Super Bowl. That was Uwe Von Schmann - who choked against the Chargers in the now famous overtime playoff game.

You're both wrong:
It was Stoyanovich in the Chargers game. Winner would've gon to the AFC title game, won that year by San Diego who beat Pittsburgh.

Either way, we would've been steamrolled by the Niners.

oldfinfan said:
Oooops, left out -

WR = Nat Moore, Mark Duper

Tough call between Duper, Moore, Clayton and Warfield... would've made a great Run n' Shoot squad.

At the end of the day, I'm for the two Marks Brothers. Numbers aside, i think they just had more talent than Moore and talent aside, they just had better numbers than Warfield. ;)

Mr.offerdahl said:
csonka was a FB , ricky williams ..yes ...ahead of mercury by far , ...missing ...kim bokamper , trace armstrong , lyle blackwood , ... the offense looks pretty impressive !!!!!

I would've loved to find room for Bokamper and Blackwood, but who are you going to bump? The d-linemen listed are all better than Bo and Scott and Anderson rate higher than Lyle. Great players though. They're on my second string...

:)

dolphinman23 said:
1980+ version(hey, im only 24 :)
QB -- marino and griese
RB -- csonka, and unfortunately ricky
WR -- fryar, clayton, duper, OJ,
OL -- webb, sims, ruddy

DL -- JT, timbo, daryl gardner

LB -- thomas, cox, hollier

DB madison, surtain, troy vincent, buckley
wheres stephenson??????????

Buffalo Sucks said:
Tough call between Duper, Moore, Clayton and Warfield... would've made a great Run n' Shoot squad.

At the end of the day, I'm for the two Marks Brothers. Numbers aside, i think they just had more talent than Moore and talent aside, they just had better numbers than Warfield. ;)

I give the nod to the Marks' bros. due to their raport with Dan, who would allways be on a list like this.

And I hate to say it, but Ricky had the most talent of any RB we've had, so he makes it too... (Hopefully Brown knocks him from his perch this season.)

Redvs.Blue Phin said:
I give the nod to the Marks' bros. due to their raport with Dan, who would allways be on a list like this.

And I hate to say it, but Ricky had the most talent of any RB we've had, so he makes it too... (Hopefully Brown knocks him from his perch this season.)

Ricky very well might've been our best ever, but I don't know... only two seasons here?

Not that there are any sort of rules about this type of thing, but I just don't think two years (no matter how good) merits inclusion on our all-time roster.

marinotoclayton said:
Did you forget about Fulton Walker . He ran a few back in his days along with another I can't think of at moment.

That would most likely be Freddie Solomon.

FinsAreLife said:
alot better i like it but i think mcmike should be in there at the last spot at tight end he has put up great numbers for a young TE

Yeah, I agree with you. I wanted to give Marv Fleming a nod because he was seldom mentioned by others. McMichael is a better player than Hardy although I like and respected Hardy's overall game, and his effort. I remember when he was a Sports Illustrated high school coverboy. The other day after I posted I wondered how I could elevate a young Chambers above Nat Moore but didn't put McMichael above Hardy. Didn't make sense, and still doesn't.

Back
Top Bottom