Miami's Defense | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami's Defense

IAFINFAN

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
After reading a few threads on how Bates needs to go, which I agree with. Out of all the guys out there who would everyone like to come in to replace him? I would love to see Miami blitz more and switch things up depending on game situations.

I was at the Minnesota game and they didn't see to make any adjustments to stop the running game at all. Anyone have any idea's on who you would like to see be Miami's new defensive cordinator next season.

Well. I dont' think Bill Arnsparger is coaching anymore-he would be my first choice!! But Greg Blache would be a good one, or Lovie Smith or how about......Tom Olividotti ( just kidding!!! if that happened I might commit murder) Maybe someone from the collegiate level.

Now that I've thought about it, wasn't Campo Jimmy Johnson's Defensive Coordinator in Dallas???

Bates rocks...he WILL be staying. DO you think Miami cares about what WE here say?

Originally posted by Dolphins2002
Bates rocks...he WILL be staying. DO you think Miami cares about what WE here say?

Bates sucks. I dont think Miami cares about what we say here but it should be apparent to everyone in the Miami organization that Bates sucks. With all this talent on defense that we have there should be no reason for us to go off and on. Bates calls some bad games and then a few good ones mixed in. If we had a better DC we would never have bad defensive games (Vikings game, KC, Bills, etc?)

It was Wanny who was the D coordinator. Campo was probably Wanny's water boy. Not the team's water boy, Wanny's water boy. It appears that Marvin Lewis may be available again. However, without him, the Raven's defense was still top last season before the roster purge. He may be overrated. I have no idea who else may be available......

We have been in the top 5 defense every year BATES has been with us. Damn he must suck!

yes but only, because we also had some very good statistical games as well, where our D played really great, mostly at home. bates has to adjust on the road, when another team moves the ball on us, but he hasn´t, the only adjustment I remember is when he switched madison on harrison at the indy game late,almost to late....
but i wouldn´t mind a new DC, but really I don´t know who would be available ,personly i would like ray rhodes ,but i think he is fixed in Denver, lovie smith would be good too, but i think he is not on the hot seat in St. LOuis .so looks like we have to stick with bates.

wish all fins fans a nice game tomorrow....miami wins, too much talent to miss the postseason. Period

Ciao Alex from Berlin, Germany

If Wannstedt is still the head coach Bates isn't going anywhere considering this is the best total defensive playing in years. This coaching staff has produced 5 defensive pro bowl players this year. We have been playing this basic defense since Johnson came to Miami. If by chance Bates goes expect someone else to play the same defense and also be cautious with the blitz because that's the way Wannstedt wants the game played.

Originally posted by Dolphins2002
We have been in the top 5 defense every year BATES has been with us. Damn he must suck!

I never said our defense was bad... but it could be better. We have some VERY VERY good games and some other bad ones where we look like ****, then the other team adjusts and we dont (Vikings, Indy, need I name more?) at home we are always good, but we dont play everygame at home so we need someone who can adjust and make us as good on the road as at home. Right now everyone is pretty confident we can win at home in the playoffs but on the road? its not as good and its Bates fault. You have to look at how far your team makes it, you may have a headcoach that gets you into the playoffs (Dungy in Tampa bay) but they still fired him for someone to take them futher (Gruden) this is the same position were in with Bates. I know you have a hard time undestanding the idea of not liking anybody, but if we never make it to the superbowl because we loose in the playoffs (on the road) every year, its all Bates.

You need a good overall defense, we have a defense right now (because of Bates) that plays good at home and sucks on the road. If we didnt have very good games at home , we would verywell be far down the list of defenses in the NFL.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, Campo was the DC when Wanny was in Chicago, I think...

I mean, Campo ws the Dallas DC while Wannstedt was the Bears HC...

Copied this from NFL.com:

"From 1995-99, Campo directed the Dallas defense. Prior to that, Campo served as the Cowboys’ secondary coach (1991-94) and was a defensive assistant (1989-1990). "

Dallas D was pretty good back then... hmmmmmmm

Campo is a defensive guiness i said it at football.com ill say it here: I would love for Campo to be our DC

These are things we laugh at other team message boards about.What are we, the third ranked D?Some things have really gotta change this offseason, or else we could hit number one next year.We all know THAT would suck.I realize that there are times that we should make adjustments, but I think Bates is probably a better judge of when that should be than we are.

Back
Top Bottom