Miami's Pre-draft Interviews Prove That No Position Is Safe | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami's Pre-draft Interviews Prove That No Position Is Safe

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
usatsi_10239652.jpg

The Miami Dolphins are in the infancy of a new era. With a new head coach, no quarterback and a stripped-down roster, the Dolphins can essentially attack their roster construction any way they please.

And if Miami’s recent pre-draft visits are any indication, the team’s preferred method of choice is “no one is safe.” If there were a position group on this team that fans could generally say was set for 2019, it is the linebacker group. Veteran Kiko Alonso returns in 2019, as do former Ohio State Buckeyes Raekwon McMillan and Jerome Baker.(God, I hope not)

https://dolphinswire.usatoday.com/2...ft-interviews-prove-that-no-position-is-safe/

The linebacking corps is a mess in my opinion. I think they have one guy that's too stupid to play in the New England system (Kiko), one guy that is too slow and unathletic (Raekwon), and one guy that might be too small (Jerome). The only guy I have any real hope for is Baker, but as I mentioned, he may not be a fit.

usatsi_10239652.jpg

The Miami Dolphins are in the infancy of a new era. With a new head coach, no quarterback and a stripped-down roster, the Dolphins can essentially attack their roster construction any way they please.

And if Miami’s recent pre-draft visits are any indication, the team’s preferred method of choice is “no one is safe.” If there were a position group on this team that fans could generally say was set for 2019, it is the linebacker group. Veteran Kiko Alonso returns in 2019, as do former Ohio State Buckeyes Raekwon McMillan and Jerome Baker.(God, I hope not)

https://dolphinswire.usatoday.com/2...ft-interviews-prove-that-no-position-is-safe/

No position may be safe, but that DOESN'T mean there isn't a prioritization of need

We need to find a pass rush more than anything. You could have a very good secondary but if the QB has all day to pass it won't matter. They need to start up front.

Build BOTH lines first and foremost. Reinforce the trenches then build out from there.
Totally agree. This draft is deep with D-line so take advantage of that and get a couple of them. As far as O-line, the run on them could start early and they could go fast so get at least one of them.

Pre-draft interviews do not prove anything.
True, but they do indicate both players and positions of interest to the team. How the team prioritizes those interests are not known outside of the coaching staff and front office, even if some folks feel they have inside information. What we see in these interviews is more of the big picture and a little of the real focus.

With holes at every position literally of course no position is safe. If our first 5 picks don't contribute this year that would mean that our draft was pretty weak which would be bleak.

With holes at every position literally of course no position is safe. If our first 5 picks don't contribute this year that would mean that our draft was pretty weak which would be bleak.

ALL 5? Would ST count as "contribute?"

That is setting the bar unreasonably high. I don't know off the top of my head how many teams have accomplished this but I am guessing it doesn't happen very often.

I would say that they should get three solid contributors/starters out of the draft his year and perhaps a couple from free agency and picking up other team's cap casualties as everyone ramps up for training camp.

That is setting the bar unreasonably high. I don't know off the top of my head how many teams have accomplished this but I am guessing it doesn't happen very often.

I would say that they should get three solid contributors/starters out of the draft his year and perhaps a couple from free agency and picking up other team's cap casualties as everyone ramps up for training camp.

Tunsil, Howard, Drake, Grant, McCain all came in the same draft. On a much deeper talented roster than our present one. Outside of defensive backs, this roster is very ugly. Linebackers and wide receivers you can make some arguments for. The wide receivers though are a mash unit and not sure if the linebackers are a scheme fit. So yeah I expect 2-3 defensive linemen in this draft and 2 offensive linemen to make this roster and start sometime during this season.

Back
Top Bottom