Miami's Tendencies... intresting... yet boring | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami's Tendencies... intresting... yet boring

i2panzer

Practice Squad
Reaction score
1st down positions: Run 70%, Pass 30% (formations 2WR,1/2TE,1/2RB)
2nd down positions: Run 60%, Pass 40% (formations 2WR,1/2TE,1/2RB)
3rd down positions: Run 40%, Pass 60% (formations 3WR,1TE,1RB)

thats about the jist of it. where is play-action on 1st and 2nd down?

there are a few formations and plays NOT being used that miami dominates with.

BEST PASS PLAY- Play-action, used in NE game-3 times for (about) 55 yards.
BEST RUN PLAY- Counter, used in NE- 2 times for (about) 15 yards

these are 2 major plays miami doesn't run much. why? JF is at his best when he can fake people and get man to man. he is one of the better QB at using it play action (and should be). Ricky williams is at his best when he makes the defense shift and get out of position. perfect example of what speed and power does. i've said in the past i could gameplan against the dolphins. i use simple 4-3 and Nickle packages.

say whatever you want about any position on the offense. but how can anyone run a route, block, throw, or run when the dfence is over 50% sure of what you doing EACH DOWN?! it's not rocket science. i'm so shocked norv turner isn't noticing what every NFL team who plays miami notices! he did such an amazing job last year! is he saving formations and plays? if he is then my only question is why? if you just gameplan against the weakness of every defense you face, and put together something solid then you never need to save anything.

is miami coaching staff so worried about a december collapse they're forgetting there are 3 other months of football that need to be played? i know our schedule gets real tough after october, but we SHOULD be 6-0. at worst 5-1!

Special Teams, and the Offense have not produced. neither is being agrresive. does miami hope by bringing in talent they that being conservative makes no difference?

when Ricky Williams was asked why the offense was conservative ricky williams said this. "i don't worry about things like that." because it's not HIS job to call plays. they asked him something similar ot that question and had the same response. not his job to make gameplans and call plays. he worries about playing.

your title says it all.

We can only hope that Norv has some tricks up his sleeve that he is saving for critical games.

yep... i'm more worried about the rest of the season then 1 loss. that loss can always be righted in december. but this was a game miami needed to make a statement. yet it used the same gameplan as the giants, and jags.

Originally posted by i2panzer
yet it used the same gameplan as the giants, and jags.

Not quite. Against the Giants and Jags we used the QB Draw and the Reverse. Against NE we used Fullback swing passes or screens. :cry: It's easy to blame the coaches after a loss. panzer i was fuming at all the first down runs myself but the fact is Norv's plan put us in position to win.

Look we were in position to be 5-1. It would be great to have a complete team at every position but no team in the NFL has that. A win against a division rival is big no matter if they're banged up or not. To stray from Norv and Wanny and the teams winning formula is inviting disaster. Stick with what works and 95% of the time we would have won that game and been 5-1. If it's not broke don't fix it.

Back
Top Bottom