Michael Thomas Is Gone. Get To Know The Dolphins' New Leader On Special Teams. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Michael Thomas Is Gone. Get To Know The Dolphins' New Leader On Special Teams.

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
aikens.JPG

The Dolphins elected to let Michael Thomas leave in free agency, losing not only their best kick coverage guy, but also their special teams captain, to the New York Giants.

They weren't about to let the same happen with Walt Aikens, who is now in position to fill the role Thomas served, both on and off the field. Aikens signed a two-year, $2.7 million contract in free agency to remain a Dolphin.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article213082649.html#storylink=cpy

Guys just need to step in for the ones that are gone. ST's are very important to this team.

I was at the Jets game when he had the punt block scoop and score 2 years ago - unbelievable play. I think he had just taken a conversion attempt to the house against the cardinals the week before too. He’s shown he can make things happen on ST. I’m a fan of the guy!

Sadly, he's one of the more valuable player's we've drafted this decade.

The only player's on the team from the 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 drafts are RT, Reshad Jones, Walt Aikens and Ju'Wuan James. And obviously no player drafted in the 2000's is still a Dolphin.

When I say the Miami Dolphins are luckier to have Ryan Tannehill than Ryan Tannehill was lucky to be a Miami Dolphin, things like this are why.

Redskins should've stayed at 6, taken RT like Shanahan wanted and Miami would've gotten stuck with RG3. I'm sure I would've been pumped at the time with Griffen. Cousins never see's the field. All of history is rewritten.

Last edited:
I still believe he is THE worst safety I have ever seen play the position. Worse than Bacari Rambo in that playoff game.

Great ST player, but if he takes any snaps on defense ever again, I may get sick.

I still believe he is THE worst safety I have ever seen play the position. Worse than Bacari Rambo in that playoff game.

Great ST player, but if he takes any snaps on defense ever again, I may get sick.

You saw Cameron Worrell play (if we can really call it that ...) on this very team and still have the opinion? Oof.

Back
Top Bottom