Michael Thompson | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Michael Thompson

dockennylz

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Remember our good ol friend who lasted about about a day? Well the word outta Seattle is he's about to get cut....I wonder if the Phish have him penciled in on their sheet?

I wouldn't be surprised. At the time that he failed our physical I believe the word on the street was he failed because of a longterm degenerative condition in his knee that hadn't been declared. I think we really had some pretty big plans for the guy. That was before we drafted Wade Smith. Now that we've got Wade Smith we obviously know where we stand in the longterm, so when/if we consider Michael Thompson it will be to borrow him for one season...or maybe even just part of a season.

I would love to have Thompson here rather than Greg German. With a fully capable swing tackle as backup, it would give the coaches the opportunity to consider Wade Smith as our opening day LT...and not because Dixon is injured.

From the Seattle paper-

"OFFENSIVE LINE

Number kept last year - Nine

Locks - Chris Terry, Chris Gray, Robbie Tobeck, Steve Hutchinson, Walter Jones, Floyd Womack, Jerry Wunsch, Matt Hill, Wayne Hunter

On the bubble - Dennis Norman

Longshots - Michael Thompson, Konrad Dean, Kaulana Noa, Shane Hall

Comment - Thompson was a disappointment at left tackle after arriving by trade from Atlanta. Hunter and Hill look like future starters. Norman remains a project at center, but will there be a roster spot for him?"

http://www.tribnet.com/sports/football/seahawks/story/3718472p-3745479c.html

I agree that Thompson would be an upgrade over Jerman. I don't see this guy playing against any good DE right now if ever.

He was a project, he's still a project...he will always will be a project IMO.

It wasn't Thompson's play that will get him cut either - guy had flu and missed a lot of practice that set him behind Pork Chop and Hunter. I said this about a month ago with Thompson - I would just imagine that the medical would be the only problem.

He has arthritis in that knee.

I put in a question to Jason Cole. Asked him if Thompson gets cut would the Fins go after him again now that we have a longterm solution at LT and don't need Thompson to be viable for the next 3 years for us.

Also asked him if Ted Washington's return to the division will spark a little more consideration for putting Seth McKinney in at center, since Ruddy's biggest weakness has always been having a mammoth lined up on top of him at NT in the 3-4. I think we could see Seth get some reps against the first unit Atlanta D in order to see how he handles himself at Center against a NT.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
I put in a question to Jason Cole. Asked him if Thompson gets cut would the Fins go after him again now that we have a longterm solution at LT and don't need Thompson to be viable for the next 3 years for us.

Also asked him if Ted Washington's return to the division will spark a little more consideration for putting Seth McKinney in at center, since Ruddy's biggest weakness has always been having a mammoth lined up on top of him at NT in the 3-4. I think we could see Seth get some reps against the first unit Atlanta D in order to see how he handles himself at Center against a NT.

CK-

That was a good question to ask Cole about. Good thinking bro.
:cool:

Umm, this would be a very good move, if we get him off waivers, and that's the problem, he has to get by other teams before we have a shot. We get him, only if we trade for him, problem, I'd say give them The conditional 7th we got from Houston, LOL, I don't even think that's legal. But that's the only way or use our regular 7th to guarantee getting him. Is he worth a draft pick to us is the ?.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by JackMeehov

Huh? Is it happy hour up there in Maryland or are you typing with your toes? :lol:

A little of both, thanks, I made the change..:lol:

San fransisco was interested at the same time we were. Have they solved their problem yet. I think the Seahawks are probably working the phones right now.

What round was thompson drafted in, if he good or bad?? havent heard much about this guy

Back
Top Bottom