Might as well... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Might as well...

Which QB gives us the best chance to win the super bowl next year...?

• Henson

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • Ramsey

Votes: 12 20.0%
  • Rivers

Votes: 11 18.3%
  • Brunell

Votes: 23 38.3%
  • Griese

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Fiedler

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • Other(explain)

Votes: 3 5.0%

• Total voters

Dolphins17-0

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Pick the QB that would give us the best chance to win the super bowl next year(next few years) and we actually have a shot at landing...

all things considered: talent, experience, leadership, salary cap number, the team we will surround him with, etc...

I also picked Brunnel. But lets not forget he won't do it alone....

He does need an improved OL and WR....

And some help from our defense in protecting the lead....

Last edited by a moderator:
agreed, thats why added the salary cap number being important, i like brunell as well but if he wants too much money hell be spending most of the game on his back and likely hurt by midseason since we wont be able to upgrade the o-line

The question is, who gives us the best chance to win the SB next year, right?

How about Gannon/Henson?
Both can run & Gannon would be a great role model. Perhaps we could trade Jay and a conditional pick for Gannon?

The question is, who gives us the best chance to win the SB next year, right?

yep, but included in that would be who we could get to surround him.
for instance brunell is clearly the best qb for our team out of the group to start next year, but if he demands a lot of money people may feel getting one of the other qbs cheaper and signing a big name offensive lineman with the money we were gonna use on brunell would give us a better shot to get to the superbowl.
basically, brunell by himself and only draft upgrades
or one of the other with one or two free agent lineman and draft upgrades

If you include the cost to get them, I do not think Brunell is the answer. As it is starting to look like it will cost us too much to get him. IMO anything more than a 5th rounder is too much. We still need to build Oline, WR and a QB that will be here for more than 2 years.

Bernie Kosar. No further explanation is necessary.

Originally posted by Dolphins17-0

yep, but included in that would be who we could get to surround him.
for instance brunell is clearly the best qb for our team out of the group to start next year, but if he demands a lot of money people may feel getting one of the other qbs cheaper and signing a big name offensive lineman with the money we were gonna use on brunell would give us a better shot to get to the superbowl.
basically, brunell by himself and only draft upgrades
or one of the other with one or two free agent lineman and draft upgrades
I'd still take Brunell, because I think we can improve the line play with one FA signing and I think we can draft another lineman and a WR with our two first round picks( yes, I'm assuming that O-gun is going to get signed by another team).

Originally posted by Dolphins17-0
Pick the QB that would give us the best chance to win the super bowl next year(next few years) and we actually have a shot at landing...

all things considered: talent, experience, leadership, salary cap number, the team we will surround him with, etc...

Manning

RIVERS BABY!

Rivers all the way! This guy is gonna be a STUD for years! He is the QB that will take the TORCH from MARINO, since we are so QUARTERBACK spoiled and the the last 4 years STARVED! I say draft him and throw him to the wolves! He will still be an UPGRADE over Feidler on opening Day!PHILIP RIVERS IS A FUTURE PRO BOWLER NO DOUBT IN MY MIND!!!

I picked Brunell because he could win next year an Rivers or Henson is the qb's of the future. If we would get Ramsey we would'nt be sure if he is ready because every year he has to grow it may be 2 years before he is ready. Besides if we got Ramsey we would not be able to get Rivers or Henson.

I really don't think any of the qb's drafted this year is going to be ready to start the first game of the season but I guess Eli or Ben could because there team probably won't be playoff caliber.

Back
Top Bottom