Might as well... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Might as well...

Which QB gives us the best chance to win the super bowl next year...?

• Henson

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • Ramsey

Votes: 12 20.0%
  • Rivers

Votes: 11 18.3%
  • Brunell

Votes: 23 38.3%
  • Griese

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Fiedler

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • Other(explain)

Votes: 3 5.0%

• Total voters
Comon ppl, hasnt a player always had a bad year, you cant say feidler has always been a bad qb, last year a rating of 85, the year before that 80. It was just an off year this year. And he does get hurt but what qb doesnt. I say screw all this hensen stuff, and ramsey, and just get a good back up that can step in if feid get hurt. Someone like feely or Volek. That way we dont use much cap, and we get rid of greise.

Manning is my pick.... :)

2 1st rounders: Either two this year if OGUN is gone or next years.
1 4th: That could turn into a 2nd.

That would be a lot even with the Phins making the playoffs. But Manning is gonna be another one of those guys that everyone wants after his first couple years. By then it will cost a larger contract & more picks.

Sure he could be a bust. But I would like to think that I have a good eye. I wanted to trade the world for Mike Vick, Randy Moss, Payton Manning, Charles Rogers, Andre Johnson, etc.... in past drafts you get the point. If the draft is such a crap shoot. Then why do teams not try to trade up into the Top 5. EVERY Draft has at least one player that just seems to fit the mold for a future superstar. I know that teams are made from later rounds & free agency. But come on how many times do you say yeah he is worth 2 or more 1st round picks. Then he does not pan out.

This Draft Has LOCKS
1) Larry Fitzgerald ~ Will be an impact player from day 1!!! Very Mature
2) Eli Manning ~ He was born to be a QB...lol

The Ones that could be great or could be big name bust:
1) Ben Roethlisberger ~ I would not give a 5th for him
2) Sean Taylor ~ TOP 3
3) Kevin Jones ~ If he stays healthy.....wow he has SKILLS!!!
4) Greg Jones ~ Great Size & Speed ...... HEALTHY????
5) Michael Clayton ~ I AM A PHIN FAN...LOL...I LOVE THE GUY...LOL
6) Roy Williams ~ Should make the probowl within 4 years.
7) Reggie Williams ~ Just seems wrong...and then right...lol
8) Rashaun Woods ~ I like with a late 1st round pick.
9) Kellen Winslow ~ I hope he is in the CFL within 1 year.
10) Chris Gamble ~ Raw TALENT!!!!

Some of these players might go on to the Hall Of Fame and some will go on to the Hall Of Shame. Then you have to try to GUESS if they will still be on the board when you pick. I would just trade up for Eli or Larry both are sure fire locks for me. YES I am wrong just as much as the next guy. But man it just feels right....lol

Ramsey.. If he came to play for Miami, he'd be surprised at how easy it is to be QB with Ricky in the backfield..

Ramsey would give Miami the best chance at a SB in 2004.. Of the ones you mentioned

Re: RIVERS BABY!

Originally posted by Phinmaster1354
Rivers all the way! This guy is gonna be a STUD for years! He is the QB that will take the TORCH from MARINO, since we are so QUARTERBACK spoiled and the the last 4 years STARVED! I say draft him and throw him to the wolves! He will still be an UPGRADE over Feidler on opening Day!PHILIP RIVERS IS A FUTURE PRO BOWLER NO DOUBT IN MY MIND!!!

I agree he is going to be great I pick Rivers for future super bowl winner

Re: Re: Re: Might as well...

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84

"and we actually have a shot at landing..."

We do have a shot.......................after selling out the farm. Not that i think it will happen but ya have to realize that Wanny is a very desparate person, Spielman too for that matter. Who would've thought they'd draft Fletcher a few yrs ago or Eddie Moore last year. With a hell of alot more pressing needs and better players to pick.

Thankfully the point of Spielman's job is not to ask "What players do we need to get right now to win the super bowl in 2004 and thats it"

Thankfully he has to look at the future viability of this team as well. Every year pretty much we've been entering like every single draft and every single FA move as if these were the final pieces of the puzzle to make a super bowl winner.

I would like it better if we planned a little bit more toward the future, and if some of the kids suprise you and show up a little sooner than you expected, hey all the better.

Back
Top Bottom