Mike and The Mad Dog | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike and The Mad Dog

Slappy8800 said:
yea, im gonna have to go ahead and disagree with that statement
No that statement can be corrected: They are the masters of *bad* sports talk radio

im glad to say i stopped awhile ago...thank goodness for ESPN radio...well most of it anyway. hate cowherd,kay,rome

Slappy8800 said:
im glad to say i stopped awhile ago...thank goodness for ESPN radio...well most of it anyway. hate cowherd,kay,rome
i like all of them on ESPN radio.....besides the local scrubs.....my fav is all night with jason smith:yes: i love listening to him in bed

culpepper2chambers said:
if they are so bad why have u listened to them for 5 years?
mainly because they have the occassional good interview with willie Randolph or someone from the NYG. It has its spots its worth listening. Theyre just not as few and far between as they once were. At one point it was a very good show. Theyre so rude to the callers though (some deserve it, some dont) that it just makes for annoying radio when the guy yelling at the caller has a horribly scratchy voice

the only sports radio hosts worth listening to imo are: Joe Beningo and steve sommers on wfan, and ill admit that I think Stephen A Smith is the man even though hes an obnoxious dude. Smith knows what hes talking bout when it comes to the NBA though even if hes a bit ghetto. He was cool as heck in person (opening day at shea) but i started listening to him like a year ago.:D

Boik14 said:
the only sports radio hosts worth listening to imo are: Joe Beningo and steve sommers on wfan, and ill admit that I think Stephen A Smith is the man even though hes an obnoxious dude. Smith knows what hes talking bout when it comes to the NBA though even if hes a bit ghetto. He was cool as heck in person (opening day at shea) but i started listening to him like a year ago.:D
stephan a has a show:confused:

Boik14 said:

i like chris carlin on wfan...

Boik14 said:
Its brought up 2-3x a week. Thats not a lie.

You must be listening to something else b/c they NEVER talk about NASCAR, I don't even think they know what NASCAR is.

ESPN is horrible, Stephen A. Smith is actually pretty good but other than him they don't have much. Mike and Mike in the morning is tolerable although they think thye are funnier than they actually are which can get annoying, Cowherd talks football alot which is nice but he's only on 2 hrs and the show is all over the place, Dan Patrick has quite possibly the worst talk show in the Country- it's unlistenable and if Patrick isn't the worst then Michael Kay gives him a run for his money. Kay is by far the worst play by play man I have heard and his talk show is brutal, all he knows is baseball- he doesn't have a clue about football and some of the other sports.

the only sports radio hosts worth listening to imo are: Joe Beningo and steve sommers on wfan

Joe and Steve are great guys and have decent shows BUt Joe is too over the top at times and Steve is too into his schtick.

i like chris carlin on wfan...

Another really good guy but he shouldn't have a show.

culpepper2chambers said:
stephan a has a show:confused:
yeah. He and Brandon Tierney do the show. Its actually pretty good. They talk overwhelmingly NYK during basketball season but they have some good insight.

Michael Kay's show sucks. All he does is beg for 3 hours from his listeners LMAO. Stephen A's show is off the hook and BT needs to get his own show over Cowherd. Mike and Mike is only tolerable because 75 percent of their show is interviews with guys you want to hear (Gammons, Olney, Mortensen, Clayton, ect.), Steve Somers I enjoy and has a great voice for his time slot, I like Joe B because he makes the show about the callers not him, and Tony Paige is the best of them and I respect him because he's not afraid to talk boxing. Yeah I know he covers the sport and that is why he talks about it but it's still great to hear. That is another reason why I can't stand Mike Francesa (not personally, how he is on his show). He claims boxing is a fixed sport with a ton of corruption and that is why he won't watch it or talk it on his show (which it is) but he loves horse racing which is full with the same crap. Hypocrit if you ask me!

Back
Top Bottom