Mike Gesicki throwing a pass to himself over his house thread | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike Gesicki throwing a pass to himself over his house thread

Tight end is one of the most difficult positions to play. When you couple that with college TEs with Gesicki's skill set are almost always just receivers for intent and purposes, then it can make it doubly difficult to transition.

I was really impressed with Gesicki in the second half of last season and baffled by how Adam Gase used him in his rookie season. Another improvement this season and he could be special. Check this out: https://aquathirteen.com/mike-gesicki-making-strides
TE is a position that, historically, takes time to develop from college to the professional level.

While I wholeheartedly agree, Gase was a buffoon, as far as forcing a square peg into a round hole, I believe he actually did Mike, and us, a positive thing by forcing the issue of blocking.

MG is probably never going to strike fear into an opponent with devestating in line ability, but he did need to be better than incompetent.

Being forced into that situation, I'm sure made MG a better all around player going forward.

He played much better last year cause he was use for what he does best. Having said that, he's pretty much a big WR instead of a traditional TE which is fine but at some point it'd be nice to have a top overall TE.

He played much better last year cause he was use for what he does best. Having said that, he's pretty much a big WR instead of a traditional TE which is fine but at some point it'd be nice to have a top overall TE.
He does create a hell of a mismatch when used in a way that exploits his fairly unique skillset.

TE is a position that, historically, takes time to develop from college to the professional level.

While I wholeheartedly agree, Gase was a buffoon, as far as forcing a square peg into a round hole, I believe he actually did Mike, and us, a positive thing by forcing the issue of blocking.

MG is probably never going to strike fear into an opponent with devestating in line ability, but he did need to be better than incompetent.

Being forced into that situation, I'm sure made MG a better all around player going forward.
Well hopefully Old Chan River is going to use him to his strengths though I have read repeatedly he doesn't use TE's much in his offense. Hope that changes. MG has a lot of promise it seems but will be seeing his third OC in three years which could stint him. Hoping Old Chan River is going to work to his rosters strengths.

I was really impressed with Gesicki in the second half of last season and baffled by how Adam Gase used him in his rookie season. Another improvement this season and he could be special. Check this out: https://aquathirteen.com/mike-gesicki-making-strides

Seemed to me Gase had decided MG would get no targets until he learned to block. 'Play him to his strengths? Not until I make him something he's not.' worse, I remember clearly times where MG was assigned the teams best pass rusher. How many GOOD blocking TEs can do that.

Given that, it looked as if his blocking improved last year (low bar). Now, can string together two years?

Back
Top Bottom