Mike Haas 4th round prospect | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mike Haas 4th round prospect

PhinstiGator

Hungry For A Championship
Reaction score
Haas

Haas apparently lacks some speed...however I have read that he is quick out of his breaks and that he and Brandon Marshall are the two quickest out of their breaks in a few years available in the draft. Haas reminds me of a Ricky Proehl/OJ McDuffie type player. Not great long range speed but plenty quick, smart and gets open. Getting open and creating seperation are real different...guys get open in College but cannot seperate in the NFL...some adjust some don't so they it is tough to project guys lacking speed AND size to the NFL...

PhinstiGator said:
This is not a great draft for the WR spot...however, there are some interesting prospects in the middle of the draft. Moss & Green are the small type of guys that Mularkey has shown a liking to (Evans & Parish).

What's the wrap on Haas? Could he make our team if drafted in the 4th round? Take a closer look and Listen:

http://www.1080thefan.com/goout.asp?u=http://eod.liquidviewer.com/kych-od/kfxx_mikehass.wma

Evidently, Haas won the coveted Fred Biletnikoff Award :

2005 - Mike Hass, Oregon State
2004 - Braylon Edwards, Michigan
2003 - Larry Fitzgerald, Pittsburgh
2002 - Charles Rogers, Mich St
2001 - Josh Reed, LSU
2000 - Antonio Bryant, Pittsburgh
1999 - Troy Walters, Stanford
1998 - Troy Edwards, La Tech
1997 - Randy Moss, Marshall
1996 - Marcus Harris, Wyoming
1995 - Terry Glenn, Ohio St
1994 - Bobby Engram, Penn State

PhinstiGator said:
Evidently, Haas won the coveted Fred Biletnikoff Award :

2005 - Mike Hass, Oregon State
2004 - Braylon Edwards, Michigan
2003 - Larry Fitzgerald, Pittsburgh
2002 - Charles Rogers, Mich St
2001 - Josh Reed, LSU
2000 - Antonio Bryant, Pittsburgh
1999 - Troy Walters, Stanford
1998 - Troy Edwards, La Tech
1997 - Randy Moss, Marshall
1996 - Marcus Harris, Wyoming
1995 - Terry Glenn, Ohio St
1994 - Bobby Engram, Penn State

Funny, i am looking at that list and thinking Josh Reed. hmmm, where does he play? Where did he play? hmmmmmmmm. ya gotta wonder sometimes.

there's alot of very good players on that list. Although it's a weak year for wide recievers, that still says alot about Haas

Pocoloco said:
there's alot of very good players on that list. Although it's a weak year for wide recievers, that still says alot about Haas

It's a Very bad Year!

Actually the pass Few year Have not net a superstar number of WR.

They seem to be a high number of old WR that are still producing.
(K.johnson,jimmy smith,TO is 30 somthing,McCardel,ricky Prohel etc.etc.etc)

Because of the percived lack of good Wrs this year Haas wont be there in the 4th rd. He is a legit 1st day pick.

I am a HUGE fan of Mike Haas. Has anyone ever won the Biletnikoff trophy and flown so far under the radar. He is a prototype possession receiver. Great hands and unparalleled body control. I would be extremely happy if he was still sitting there in the 4th, but there is a good chance that someone will take a chance on him in the early-mid 3rd.

I like Hass too....he was great at the east and west game...he knows how to get open and I wouldn't mind us drafting him....but the guy I'm hoping for is that kid Marshall of UCF.The guy's gonna be a steal if we can get him anytime after the 2nd round.

Ozzy rules!!

finfan54 said:
Funny, i am looking at that list and thinking Josh Reed. hmmm, where does he play? Where did he play? hmmmmmmmm. ya gotta wonder sometimes.

Buffalo dude. We play him twice a year!!

Back
Top Bottom